Raving in the early 90s!

legrandefromage":3k4hvnoi said:
Computers have been around in music for over 30 years. Nothing to get too stressed out over.

Stressed out? STRESSED OUT???!!!! WHO'S SAYING I'M STRESSED OUT?????? WHO????????!!!!!!!

I hear ya, but there's a difference between hanging out behind a bank of 303s and a pair of 1210s and hanging out behind a Mac Book with Ableton (or whatever the hell kids are running these days). Call me retro, but I like my mixing done on vinyl, by someone with the requisite skills and knowledge to make it sound amazing. Having been lucky enough to hear some of the greatest deck technicians (imho) play live in my time, and hung out with some talented people in the booth, I can't say I have ever felt the same connection hearing something, admittedly, incredibly clever yet terribly digital from some of today's hot-new-thing DJs.

In other news, I also like old bikes.

indeed computers have been used in music since they were invented.

I find a lot of these modern gatherings rather insipid.

Give me the late eighties scene any day of the week.

Re:

+1 with last few posts. Less trickery and more talent involved bitd all tied up in a fresh scene. Happy days indeed. Got a mate who is a major UK/ Inter Neo Rave Events Promoter. They are nothing like it used to be.

Raved between about 1994 to 1998 ....don't remember much of it :shock:

Back