Not open for further replies.

kaya

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View

North East, North & West Yorkshire Area Proudly Presents

Ravenscar Railway ride

Picture182.jpg

Welcome to the first North East, North & West Yorkshire Area gathering of the year, were off to Robin Hoods Bay for fish & chips.
The route from Cloughton is along part of the old East Coast railway so an easy ride to Robin Hoods Bay.
Some parts of this ride are very exposed, so please bring appropriate clothing.
Also some money for a fish & chips lunch and a camera to capture the beautiful Yorkshire coastline

Picture166.jpg

Start: Newlands Rd, Cloughton, north of Scarborough

Time: 10:00 For a 10:30 Start

Distance: 15/20 miles Weather dependent

Terrain: Doubletrack/Singletrack 95% off road

Difficulty Rating: 2/5

Link to start :- http://goo.gl/maps/SmO31

This ride takes in some interesting local history including the holiday resort that was never finished, then the destination Robin Hoods Bay full of ship wrecks & smugglers. Here's a link to some of the Bays history http://www.holidaycottagerobinhoodsbay. ... hoods-bay/

Here's a link to the first years aftermath:- viewtopic.php?p=1375424#1375424

And here's the second time:- viewtopic.php?f=31&t=241579

And a link to the last time we rode here... viewtopic.php?f=31&t=290282

Park at the roadside on Newlands Rd, Cloughton, just off the A171 Whitby to Scarborough Rd

No Helmet No Ride

Re: Ravenscar Railway ride January 23rd OR 24th

Maybe make this one, be extra helpful if someone from my area is going or passing on motorway from another area? I'm in batley so junction 27 m62. Or dewsbury/Wakefield area?
Leigh

Re: Ravenscar Railway ride January 23rd OR 24th

Yep, count me in... either day should be fine...

Re:

Nice bimble out this and fish and chips are great.

Can't make it though as it's our buttercrambe ride that weekend.

Re: Re:

chrisv40":3d4zd7tm said:
Nice bimble out this and fish and chips are great.

Can't make it though as it's our buttercrambe ride that weekend.

We were trying to avoid this weekend but Stu's busy all month and its the only date I had free,
hope we get some nice dry weather for our rides with a nice bit of sun as well :cool:

Ride Date Saturday 23rd January

Re:

Count me in (hopefully as the Mrs is in hospital on 19th but should be ok by the weekend ).
Matthew

Re:

Yeah this is a busy month for me, I was away on holiday last weekend, currently working away this week in coventry, untill friday. At the moment I am injured :oops: 3rd degree burns/blisters to my legs, so I cant ride for another couple of weeks.

February will be OK as I have no installation work booked in

The burns to my legs by the way were caused by me, being a pissed up Dick head on holiday :facepalm:

Will I ever grow up? Very much doubt it :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back