rarest bike/frame

Re:

There are probably many one offs, prototypes and custom frame.

Better to concentrate on production models that were around in significant numbers 100s or 1000s but few mofels survived or are on the market.

My 2 bikes are on gf i have the next model down but prefer the colours on the othet. I did habe a chance to buy oy back then but didmt.

The other is a saravrn special editiom that i gave away in px arggggghhh.

GT-1991-Xizang.jpg

Re:

What about the home produced stuff.

Dave Yates, DONKIS NOB, there are a few about, Chas Roberts White Spider, I know of three or maybe four of these, Bigfoot / Ozone / Smokestone, only 200 ever made, Dave Lloyd Cats Wiskas, I know of five (two are in my garage), or BEEZ NEEZ, I only know of two, or Chaos Theory, again, I know of two, Greg Fuquay, I know of five, HOTTA, I have never seen one, other than in brochures, then going overseas Hartmann Ram, only know of one.

Jamis Diablo":2bp3qkot said:
one of them I just sold.
NNnnnnnooooooooooo :facepalm:

The Hartmann was one of two carbon e-stay bikes I found I could not afford back in 1992/3 (the other was the HOTTA, ohhh for a time machine and a bag of cash).

Fingers crossed the one you sold was too big / small for me. :evil:

Re: Re:

Jamis Diablo":1olpnc1t said:
retrobikeguy":1olpnc1t said:
Breezer Kite........... :cool:

joe-breeze-visit-1.jpg

Only ever seen one for sale

RBG
It never came to production, so the one for sale must be a proto?
Very very nice bike!

Always good to see different designs but ultimately anything that isnt two triangles is flawed, probably why it never made it into production.

Re: Re:

02gf74":1ngh0qo1 said:
Jamis Diablo":1ngh0qo1 said:
retrobikeguy":1ngh0qo1 said:
Breezer Kite........... :cool:

joe-breeze-visit-1.jpg

Only ever seen one for sale

RBG
It never came to production, so the one for sale must be a proto?
Very very nice bike!

Always good to see different designs but ultimately anything that isnt two triangles is flawed, probably why it never made it into production.

There are a huge number of reasons why a prototype might not enter production, especially from an extremely successful, radical, maker who doesn't rely on one approach.

Back