rarest bike/frame

paul6693

Devout Dirtbag
opinions please what's the most difficult to find, rarest frame/bike ........I've been looking for a Raleigh MT4ti not the rarest but still a pig to find..

Re:

It's hard as there are so many, then more added when people remind you by adding to the list!!
To get us started here are some....

Formula One
Kestrel MXZ
Marin Team but with the Browning front suspension
Scott Ultimate CST

Re: Re:

retrokona":2h55q9p7 said:
It's hard as there are so many, then more added when people remind you by adding to the list!!
To get us started here are some....

Formula One
Kestrel MXZ
Marin Team but with the Browning front suspension
Scott Ultimate CST
that's interesting I wouldn't of thought mass manufacturers like Scott and Marin would come up...

Isn't tbere an mt4 currently for sale for less than £70?

Sure this topic has been covered, but until recently, I'd only ever heard of one nuke proof reactor. Just landed one myself but it needs work to make it complete.

Another rare beast is an orange formula. I'm sure there are many more.

Re:

Prior to the early 90s, when pretty much all frames were lugged steel, if you could afford it, you would go to a local frame builder and have a frame made to measure, with braze-ons and drop outs to your specification and painted a colour of your choice. They were all one-offs, so by definition, rare. :p

Near me there was a shop called Cyclewise, originally in Hythe, but he later moved to Maidstone. The owner Mike Price had a pretty good reputation as a frame and wheel builder and you would see dozens of Mike Price frames at local road race and time trial events.

He wasn't a young man when I was a teenager and the shop has long gone, but given how many Mike Price frames I used to see you would think there'd still be a few about, but I can only find one reference on Google: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129964. Looks to be a rather ordinary frame. He did sell "off the peg" as well as made to measure and I don't know whether they were all built by him, or whether he bought in some frames and put his decals on them.

Back