Rapid Rise rear mech - SORTED

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I know there's no love around for these so I'm hoping that means there will be one knocking around a parts drawer somewhere... This is for an experiment to help get a family member comfortable with gears on a 'modern' bike (I figure that finger clicks to make it easier / thumb presses to go faster should be easier to remember than one thing on one hand and the other way round on the other). I can't remember what models were made now, I guess Deore/LX upwards but I'm not too fussy on the model. I can replace jockeys if required but I'd prefer not to have to shell out too much on the experiment.

Cheers :)

NOW SORTED (thanks to longun)

Re: Rapid Rise rear mech (yes, honestly)

Ive got a M960 i think, (XTR) with nice pimp red bit's inc jockey wheels.

Re:

I'm pretty sure I have a nearly new XT one in the house, i'll check this weekend and let you know.

I have a XT (M760 I think) in good condition. PM for pics and details if interrested.

ive an xt one £15 posted if your interested and want pics buddy

Thanks to those of you have replied so far. The XTR one sounds nice but possibly a bit fancier (pricier??) than I need perhaps, the XT models sound interesting if any of you could post or PM photos/details/prices? Cheers :)

Re:

There you go buddy. Its a medium arm and will be cleaned obviously if sold. Tie wrap and tape are simply to hold it together while its in the parts box

Cheers, that M770 one would have been ideal but I'm pretty sure I'll need a long cage model (using 22-44 chainrings and 11-32 cassette)

Back