Raleigh Record Sprint - Project

So following my last post I spotted a Campagnolo Veloce BB for sale on this very forum. £10 later and it was mine and despite being 2nd hand it runs beautifully smooth.

Peugeot-3_zps300c1cd4.jpg

That was December and Christmas took over but in the last few weeks I have been building up the remaining parts for the finish.

Peugeot-4_zpsc4e3dd3a.jpg

Campagnolo bottom bracket tool bought in Halfords of all places, and enabled me to insert the BB properly. Copper grease was then used to prevent any further instance of crank seizure.

Peugeot-5_zpsf64d8136.jpg

The original frame was picked up by Mickster (on here) and since he intends to restore it to its full glory we did a deal on the frame, forks, original shifters, bars and levers which we were both happy with. But despite having bought some Campagnolo 8 speed Ergos I've decided to run the bike in the original configuration, that being 12 speed, hence the new Shimano 6 speed shifters bought for a bargain £5 and new Dia-Compe BL-100 levers, also a bargain at £10.

Fitting is now almost complete, with just new tyres to go on and for the weather to improve to allow for some decent outside photos. Here is how it currently stands:

Cinelli bars and my first go at bar tape wrapping:

Peugeot-8_zps49c89000.jpg

New Dia-Compe levers:

Peugeot-10_zpse8cc2b3a.jpg

New Shimano 6 speed shifters:

Peugeot-9_zpsecce236c.jpg

Nearly finished, just waiting on new tyres and for me to cut down the seat post as currently it's in as far as it will go:

Peugeot-7_zps2592a2e9.jpg

Back