Raleigh Professional - Mk. V

Re: wheels

Superbe hubs, what look like slightly 'aeroak Wolber rims {no stickers}slightly anodised but in great condition ,32 hole, no skewers,straight through Maillaid block mounted,oil clip missing from front hub

Re: wheels

stefthehat":296pkwgt said:
Superbe hubs, what look like slightly 'aeroak Wolber rims {no stickers}slightly anodised but in great condition ,32 hole, no skewers,straight through Maillaid block mounted,oil clip missing from front hub

126mm rear?

Wicked man, if you have some pictures
I want to put on a 6 sp gold dura ace freewheel

Re:

A question

What colour brake and gear cables would go with this frame ?

And would the Campagnolo record steel wound housing fit into the subtour superbe rear mech ? There's some NOS housing on eBay .

Cheers

Things are coming along nicely - Suntour Superbe hubs and pedals will be coming along soon.

Re:

Grey cables. If the steel derailleur outer doesn't fit you can cut off the ferrule and then it will. I had to this with a shimano outer to fit a campagnolo nuovo on my Carlton pro.

Re: Re:

AndyMart":2jt4daiv said:
Grey cables. If the steel derailleur outer doesn't fit you can cut off the ferrule and then it will. I had to this with a shimano outer to fit a campagnolo nuovo on my Carlton pro.

Thank you!

What type of grey? And would modern cables such as jagwire suffice ?

Any pictures of your Pro??

Re:

Shimano or jagwire would be fine I'm sure. If you look in the catalogue pics of your frame it has the light grey campagnolo cables, there's a build thread for my bike.

ibbz":38lbgczi said:
And would the Campagnolo record steel wound housing fit into the subtour superbe rear mech ?

It's not a perfect fit, but it works:

slQn0QH.jpg

anagrama":2zmb1gus said:
ibbz":2zmb1gus said:
And would the Campagnolo record steel wound housing fit into the subtour superbe rear mech ?

It's not a perfect fit, but it works:

slQn0QH.jpg

You e answers my question! Looks great! Thanks!

Re:

Wanted to THANK stefthehat for Karma-ing me a wonderful set of Suntour Superbe hubs with Wolber Aero Tubular rims!

Thanks ever so much man!

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

Do I polish these up, choose my Freewheel and put these on?
Or, get some period correct tubular rims and use these hubs on those rims?
Either way I also have a Front Large flange Superbe hub! Arriving this week.

DSC_0858118.jpg

Shall I:

a) Polish up and use the Wolber/Superbe tubulars?
b) Use these Superbe low flange hubs on period correct rims?
c) Use the rear hub PLUS the high flange front hub on Period correct tubular rims? (low rear high front)

Re: Raleigh Professional Mk.V 1978

I think polish up Stefthehats wheels and run as is until it needs replacing.
Lucky man, this will look brilliant, no matter which way you go with the hubs.
Steftehat , very nice :)

Jamie

Back