Raleigh Gran Sport Actually Built see P.23

Re: Raleigh Gran Sport change of direction.

Nearly went with gold nipples.

But enough about me.

I don’t want this to lose all its character/patina but the spokes were awful. Dull and grey, even after cleaning. You can’t beat a bit of spinning sparkling steel to raise a smile in the sunshine.

Plus, the rims and hubs can have proper polishing before reassembly.

do have a link for the DB Sapims?

When this is builded there's a hill with my name on it. :LOL: I reckon it'll do 50+ on a good dry day.

I'll get a lift to the top. :facepalm: Not been well.

Silver sapim race DB spokes are £16 for 32 at the cycle clinic

Re:

Home now.

After being guided in to the industrial estate I was met By Jackie and Shelley. After playing with their dog and being thanked p[rofusely for the Jaffa cakes the frame was taken into the cave of colour. I stood back and watched mistresses of the dark art of colour matching at work. Arguments about base swatches and grounds, translucence and pearlescence broke out at regular intervals over the next half hour while I stood in the corner, mildly affected by the strong fumes emanating from the double height shelves of tins and aerosols. The picture is the total available floorspace for customers and the ladies. They like working outside. The frame was taken outside for a better argument once a close swatch was located.

I eventually broke the discussion and was asked to leave the frame as this was a very rare colour and would need to be hand matched. What was fascinating was the fact that their extensive knowledge ran to which pigments to remove and add to known groups of seven or eight combinations that were close. This was without reference to charts or computer, just by consulting swatches.

Anyway. I should be getting a message friday. Jackie asked if i wanted enough to respray the whole thing! I settled for 100ml of touch-up. Apparently this is a base colour with silver pearlescent with translucent peachy over. Not easy to do in a one pot paint.

awaits.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_17c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_17c.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 330
Back