Raleigh Lenton Sports Reg Harris Model Reynolds 531 NOW SOLD

Land_Raver

Dirt Disciple
Welcome to the sale of my Sympathetically Restored Patinated 1953 Raleigh Lenton Sports Reg Harris Road Model Reynolds 531 Bicycle with a larger 23" Frame. Please see pictures for completeness and condition. I have as a Time Served Mechanical Engineer, rebuilt this bicycle to a high standard maintaining the patinated original finish. I have deliberately left the frame and transfers in original condition. The last owner was a retired Wealthy Gentleman that had owned this Machine for 44 years who bought the Lenton from a bicycle shop in London in 1972. It is fully roadworthy, strong and ready to ride maybe at next year's L'Eroica where with the rough variable road conditions will suit this relaxed angled framed Machine very well. Please don't confuse this with a rough cobbled together incomplete "barn find bicycle" that will need time, skill, searching for parts (including good Dunlop EA Chrome Rims!) and expense getting it into this standard. I have invested over 50 hours fettling this fine machine detailing total strong wheel rebuilds with correct stainless steel spokes, lathed machined billet aluminium gear cable pulley, new 1/8 x 1/2" chain, new Woods inner tubes, tyre, bearings etc etc etc. I'm currently commuting to work in Oxford on the Lenton and it has generated a lot of interest, admiration and questions from the fellow cyclists & general public. If you have any further questions please ask before buying. Remember this is a Classic Clubman 63 year old Patinated Machine. It has 3 Speed Sturmey Archer AW Hub Gearing. If the Lenton doesn't sell then I will keep this appreciating classic & enjoy it.... VCC Members will know what is here and the chance available.... Price £154.99 or closest offer.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 2,135
  • Capture 2.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 2,135
  • Capture 3.JPG
    Capture 3.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 2,135
Re: Raleigh Lenton Sports Reg Harris Road Model Reynolds 531

Also available via eBay. With best offer. Oxford I think.

That is a lovely bargain, sir. One day I will find a Lenton in my size.

This one is superb.

anidel":2qc0e3yy said:
That is a lovely bargain, sir. One day I will find a Lenton in my size.

This one is superb.
Than you Sir :D

Re:

Thank you for your comments,
It is a talent to get these Clubman Machines into good working order especially rebuilding old wheels etc.
The fenders are Bantel front and Raleigh steel rear.
ATB Nick

Will be restoring more Classics that I have here including a one owner 62 Elswick Hopper Lightweight in Flamboyant Gold.

Back