Raleigh colour code for Gran Sport Caramel?

The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
I’m trying to find a colour reference for ordering touch up paint for my caramel 82 gran sport. Can any Raleigh experts help out? Thanks. Thm

The History Man":fn3uzvjg said:
stefthehat":fn3uzvjg said:
Is it worth posting the question on the forum as plenty of real Raleigh experts out,i work with 2k paints,the software in some scanners gives a paint code only to certain paint systems {RAL},whilst some match exactly and spit out a unique formula,due to era of Gran Sport it would either be a unique Raleigh colour or a car shade {Ford champagne Supernova etc}or a B.S, British companies held out against RAL for a v long time, also some mettalics dry matt and need to be laquered over
I shall do that now. Good idea.

Attachments

• 945E9105-72D5-43A3-BB5E-46348591F7C6.jpeg
    945E9105-72D5-43A3-BB5E-46348591F7C6.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 933
Can't recall where I got them from or if they are a good match but I have these written down for the Gran Sport on an old note...

RAL1024
Pantone 117

Raleigh used their own colour codes. CF 001 was black, CF 012 was space blue , all beginning with CF. They were internal codes and didn't relate to any other colour system. Best match is all can be achieved. :)

originalshinkicker":33sphoqz said:
Can't recall where I got them from or if they are a good match but I have these written down for the Gran Sport on an old note...

RAL1024
Pantone 117
Thanks 1023 looks more like it?

Edit. Really hard to say on screen.

Re:

Won’t a paint matched to the original colour be a mismatch to it now? I’d imagine it’s faded somewhat. When I got an old car repaired the body shop said they didn’t care what colour it was, they’d analyse what it is now and account for the fading.

Latest posts

Back