Quick question: Spray.bike, is it worth it??

no different in terms of durability to any other 'normal' spray paints ive used..

if you want durable.. get a local powder coating firm to do it and save yourself all the horrendously time consuming prep work..

Don't powdercoat road bikes that have soldered lugs.
You'll be driving a gummi frame. It'll be ruined.

Thanks for the feedback.
I'll go with Montana then.
I need to paint a frame.
Do you recommend;
Montana primer,
Montana Gold
and any 2k clear coat?
I don't know much about bike paints but I've seen on YouTube its better to use a 2k clear coat

Primer I use. It gives anodic protection against corrosion so even if you chip or scratch right through to bare metal it should still be protected.

I donā€™t use 2k for a couple reasons, it only takes a fraction of a can to do a frame and 2k has to be used there and then so itā€™d be a lot of waste and also itā€™s very carcinogenic so you really want a proper, air fed mask if youā€™re using that kind of stuff.

Don't powdercoat road bikes that have soldered lugs.
You'll be driving a gummi frame. It'll be ruined.

The numbers for the melting point of silver silver and the baking temp for powdercoat can be similar*ā€¦but only if letter that follows those numbers is not.

* And even theyā€™re not even that close. Silver solder melts at 650-750deg Celcius, powder bakes at max 400deg Fahrenheit which is around 200deg in Celsius.

But still, donā€™t powdercoat nice steel frames for the reasons I mentioned in my earlier post.

Back