quick q for parents with kids at school

i think my worry is that people think i'll end up charging some how... i get paid for doing the job and have no interest in making an extra profit from the service, but how do i get this across to parents?

or is it more the trouble of getting the kids bikes to the school in the first place?

maybe i'll knock up a feed back form for the school to ask why people didn't attend.

gibbleking":76orp0fx said:
as a retired cycling prof teach i have had many a day where the child showed up in tears because mum/dad/that nice man next door never bothered to get round to getting the bike out the shed...i got so fed up with having to turn kids away i went and got a nice bmx for them to use...then i lost me job ...go figure.i do recall some groups coming round to do this sort of thing here but not much came of it.my biggest problem was finding helpers so the lessons could go ahead..

dont get me started on some of those points matey. completely agree. i teach bikeability too, and was told we couldn't supply bikes and helmets to the kids just in case they had an accident and the parents sue us.

not heard much positive stuff about norfolk's youth cycling policy tbh :evil:

not heard much positive stuff about norfolk's youth cycling policy..

theres plenty of reasons i could say why ..

i loved my job but i didnt like the paperwork behind it.it has become more about machinations rather than actually being able to teach riding.just the effort behind using a fixed place for teaching is awful.health and safety,risk assesments,committess ectit just goes on.after level 2 lessons were completed we never did follow ups either .we could have had small groups with vests using quiet residential areas for practise .more advertising ect...but it seems the ex employeres were more into crreating leaflets to fill the stock room.so much could be done to improve the situation but i dont think it will ever happen.

Back