Question about saddles

Atm00vint

Retro Newbie
Hi,
Hi,

i wonder which saddle pre 1990 would be the most similar to a new flat-narrow-with hole one (kind of slr).

I’m not very picky with parts, I usually can ride with whatever comes with my old bikes (mtb or road) exempt with the saddles ( I can’t stand classical ones, not turbos, San Marcos, leather ones…not even flites (too curvy) and finally o change them for narrow slr with hole). But I wonder if there is any similar shape in an old school saddle Eroica allowed that I could try.

Thanks in advance!

I cannot bear Flites, and go for narrow every time. Brooks C15 (the Cambium one) has been very good recently, also San Marco Bontrager and San Marco Regal (for context what suits me).

In the 80’s many folk were on Selle Italia Turbos, San Marco Concors, Regals & some sticking with Cinelli Unicators

I had an ex-TI Raleigh team Brooks Professional before I rode Concors then changed to Turbos. When I had to build a new bike in 2000 I went for a Flite and now they're on all my bikes. I tried a cheap & basic thing on my lockdown project which broke, was replaced by a seriously uncomfortable Chinese knock-off Flite and has now gone in favour of a genuine job. If I was to build an Eroica steed it'd likely have a Brooks Swallow or the Professional if I can find where I stored it.

Some of the older lads were still using brooks swifts on longer events 12 / 24hour time trials ., 50/100 milers .

Sorry meant a brooks professional . Spa cycles , leather saddles are worth a look got a couple of Aires on trikes , take over a thousand mile to break in mind .

I had a couple of bikes BITD that came with Vetta saddles. I found one and put it on my Miyata 1000 and have been enjoying it much more than the Turbo I bought a few years ago. Avocet was also a popular saddle manufacturer back then. I have a leather covered Cinelli Unicantor as well that came with my Ellis Briggs and it works for me as well. I tried a Brooks B17 and didn't care for it.

Back