Project Carbon Pearson

Holy Christ, that Gruppo is classy :)

The seatpost looks similar to Miche Supertype. :)

The whole bike looks astonishing. The engraving must have cost a lot, though you should probably send pics to Campa-official. They should seriously consider "resurrecting" a gruppo like this. :)

Thanks fella's :D

Despite being carbon it's one of my best builds to date. The buyer did request one change and that was the tyres; he wanted something fatter and puncture resistant so on went some Durano's (much better looking than Gatorskins!) which at 25c rather than 22c fill out the frame nicely.

1529980_10201315029300657_1109275172_o.jpg

Seatpost is indeed Miche Supertype, a very pretty post!

Groupset is Veloce with Athena rear mech which I had engraved. I had a few chainsets done but it is very expensive and requires me to get quite a few done at one time so requires a lot of investment. However I would like to resume the engraved groups in the future....

:) One question: is the right hand veloce shifter is with UltraTorque shifting mechanism? Veloce from 2010 used that, and that was a fantastique year for "low end" campy stuff: US Athena with UT cranks, just as veloce and centaur.

Oh, and back in 2007 Centaur came with cold forged chainrings instead of the later pressed ones, and their skeleton brakes were as the same quality as chorus (minus the brakepads..)

Shame Campy discontinued those groups. "lower end" campy stuff from the earlier 2000s were more appealing. (see, Veloce with alloy shift levers, Mirage was not as ugly and plastic, and Daytona was pretty much very fine quality)

Missing those "old days" (heck, I've began cycling a year ago, and I was literally a child back in those days :) )

Back