Prince thingy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russell":2vas86y7 said:
old_coyote_pedaller":2vas86y7 said:
Jesus wept, get a bit of perspective.

It's the internet, FFS.

Tell you what, I'll go start a thread about how I'm going to execute your grandfather then, it's just the internet after all.

Tell someone that the wheels they're selling for £300 are actually only worth £150, and within minutes you'll get a rap on the knuckles for discussing prices and the thread will be locked, but discussing how you'd kill/torture a member of the Royal family doesn't raise an eyebrow. WTF is happening round here?

Inciting murder? People should be banned, maybe that would help their sense of perspective?

The Rules...":2vas86y7 said:
Moderate your own behaviour and comments. I'm sure there are things you say to friends down the pub, or when playing football, but would not mention to your mother or at work (and before some wag says that they would, please try to stay with the reasoning). Posting here is no different, so all we are asking for is self regulation - please pause before posting if you think that something might cause offence.

You must be a right laugh down the pub.

On reading the OP most people can see that it was not meant to be taken seriously, though it might be hard for you to accept that looking down on us from your high-horse. The majority of posts in reply ran with the theme of the OP.

Do you seriously believe from the posts in this thread that people are "inciting murder", really? Really? OK, so some peoples sense of humour may not be to others' taste but FFS NONE of what was written could possibly be taken as serious by anybody not looking to be offended. I've read the whole thread again to see if there was any serious intent on anybody's part to encourage others to actually top Phil the Greek. Nope, couldn't find anything remotely close, just a load of guys taking the piss.

If you find the comments "thoroughly distasteful" don't keep coming back to read them, you'll only upset yourself.

^^ What he said ^^

Te entire thread (like most of Al's threads) is meant to be a joke. Anyone who spends more than a few days here knows that.

suburbanreuben":2utop81g said:
You've never heard the phrase "beyond a joke"?

This thread is going far better than I could have possibly hoped.

Could we keep it up until at least 10 pages please?

I'm like tintin, I can't wait til Thatcher becomes right poorly too!!

al. :D

It's banter, for heavens sake. Sick banter, but banter never the less.

I'm not going to get into a protracted arguement with individual children on this.

Facts are, rules of this forum require self moderation and agreement not to post anything that is deemed offensive.

A few people have voiced their concern that the content of this thread is offensive... that should be your cue to wind your neck in, not then rally on those who have expressed their distatse.

'sick banter'.. should stay in the pub, as per forum guidelines.

Russell":21g82kfk said:
I'm not going to get into a protracted arguement with individual children on this.

Facts are, rules of this forum require self moderation and agreement not to post anything that is deemed offensive.

A few people have voiced their concern that the content of this thread is offensive... that should be your cue to wind your neck in, not then rally on those who have expressed their distatse.

"Lighten up, Francis"

I fully support your right to be offended, for forum guidelines to be quoted when suits, and all that...

But all the same, different things said by different people are tolerated by other different people, all the time.

This thread from the outset was hardly dead serious, was it - and even if some people may well be anti-royalty, I very much suspect all of it was tongue-in-cheek.

Now you taking offence, or offence-by-proxy is your choice - which we're all free to do, also - but this self-moderation thing? That cuts both ways - nobody makes you read it, same as nobody makes you watch humour in bad taste on TV - you can change channels, you can turn off, you can also write to Anne Robinson, but there's the thing - nobody makes you endure it.

We could all spend all our time, trawling the forums, trying to find something we find offensive, or don't like or are bored with - but there's a certain redundancy in it. We'd be better served by ignoring it and moving on to discussions and threads about what we do like / entertains us / is something we find interesting.

Now by all means, if this thread is such an issue for you, feel free to contact the mods, if you haven't already. But you really need to valet-park that high-horse, there, slick - because self-moderation ain't just about what you post, it's also about what you decide to put yourself through to then feel morally outraged.

Russell":2hy4yfho said:

Please go to the 'Thank the Lord' thread.

I feel balance is Important in any debate.

Thanks for your Input and for making this thread so enjoyable for this child. It's people like you that make life so Interesting.

God bless.

al.

AL

you are the god of the off topic bit

@ OCP , how old is your grandad mate?

mikee":30icwrik said:
AL

you are the god of the off topic bit

@ OCP , how old is your grandad mate?

I shot my grandad years ago.

al.

A small few on here seem to say what they want....................while others are pounced on and insulted and told to get off the site if they deem a comment un-PC in their eyes.

Double standards are at play in what is acceptable as a subject matter and following on comments.

Thought we were ALL told to watch what we say recently.

This thread is :
Anti royal
Ageist...........EDITED

As a volunteer with ageuk I am offended about violent comments on an old person, who ever they are, it's not funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back