presta or shrader valves in the 1990s?

It might be hamfistedness , but the amount of times i have broken and seen others break that little screw in bit from a Presta tube points to a major inadequacy in the design
That said , bikes off the shop floor I'd say a 50/50 split with hi end usually being Presta

Mike

Thanks guys looks like Schrader might be the way to go. Do you think this will be more authentic for the proflex 957? Just want it to be as correct as possible.

Best to let us criticise the rest of the build first before you start worrying about inner tubes

Chopper1192":18dgn00e said:
Schraeder. Simpler, more reliable, capable of managing the same high pressures as Presta. After all, if Presta is so awesome then cars, aircraft etc would all use it.

You won't find many, if any, Presta equipped MTB s from the 90s.

Yes, but that's all about low volume at high pressure (road bike, pre MTB) versus high volume at comparatively low pressure (virtually any big tyre) isn't it...

...and yes, I prefer the convenience of Schraeder myself :cool:

...it's not a matter of valve type, just valve cap colour. They must match the saddle. Dice ones are OTT. :cool:

jimo746":bzphyo36 said:
mikee":bzphyo36 said:
Best to let us criticise the rest of the build first before you start worrying about inner tubes

:LOL:
Lol ya just at that point. So far the build is - 1997 proflex957 with aluminum swing arm since the carbon was replace some where down the line) go fast bar, xt divetrain, specialized sworks cranks, bear trap pedals, xt hubs laced to cr18 rims, wtb gips avid rival arch 9.0 brakes, xt levers, continental vapor tires, selle Italia xo seat manitou sx fork. Trying to build it up the best I can. Started off with just the frame, wish I could find a Garvin fork to complete the look bit the sx will do fine.

chillibiker":3ru2g5tb said:
jimo746":3ru2g5tb said:
mikee":3ru2g5tb said:

:LOL:
Lol ya just at that point. So far the build is - 1997 proflex957 with aluminum swing arm since the carbon was replace some where down the line) go fast bar, xt divetrain, specialized sworks cranks, bear trap pedals, xt hubs laced to cr18 rims, wtb gips avid rival arch 9.0 brakes, xt levers, continental vapor tires, selle Italia xo seat manitou sx fork. Trying to build it up the best I can. Started off with just the frame, wish I could find a Garvin fork to complete the look bit the sx will do fine.

Back