1991 Trek 8900 - Florescent resto happiness (almost NOS)

Just came across this build from BOTM - bloody lovely and worthy winner

nice to see one wearing all the original kit (time warp) - mine came as an abused frame only and I though it build up well - now I'm not so sure having see this example
thank you... i just need to acquire some grafton brakes to make it catalogue perfect

Amazing and beuatiful tear down and rebuild my friend! I just picked up a 93 8300 with the DDS3 fork, but the fork is pretty locked up.

You wouldn't happen to have any info on rebuilding the DDS3 fork would you? I would hate to have to replace that fork with something else considering the condition of the bike with nearly all original components.

Amazing and beuatiful tear down and rebuild my friend! I just picked up a 93 8300 with the DDS3 fork, but the fork is pretty locked up.

You wouldn't happen to have any info on rebuilding the DDS3 fork would you? I would hate to have to replace that fork with something else considering the condition of the bike with nearly all original components.
Thanks for the comments, it was a lovely bike to do. Regarding your DDS3 forks, I do remember them from back in the day. They will service/ pull apart in a similar way to RS Mag 10 or 20 forks do. But you need a special tool which separates the lower legs from the slider. As it all press fittings.

A useful thread here might help. As you can technically try to pressurise them and blow them off. But be exceptionally careful as you can injure yourself easily. I’ve done this route before and it creates a heck of a mess oil wise.

Last edited:
Back