Post mount.

Front to add that the only Boxxer mount was the silly one that nearly looked like an IS one, but wasn't quite the same.

Am I right in thinking that your running the first gen mono brakes?

Think its first gen? Like this.

hopemonom404xn6.jpg

However, as you say post mount is post mount, it doesnt seem that way. I think the caliper is more 'set back' from the mount on this one.

Yeah, that's what I thought it was.

Providing that you have a standard 160mm PM mount and are using a 203mm rotor, any Hayes, Shimano or Superstar adapter should work just fine.

I know that Shimano, Hayes and Superstar adapters are all interchangeable because I've mixed and matched them all. Assuming that the Hopes are a standard post mount it should work.

The only difference that I can see is that Hope mount you post a picture of, mounts the calliper slightly further down the rotor than the others, but that's because the top bolt to attach it to the forks is above the mount rather than below like on some of the others.

Just found some pics of the mini brake in PM format mounted using a generic PM adapter.

Having done a bit more scooting about the net, the mono brakes use a 180 for IS but a 183 rotor for PM, however looking to buy rotors the biggest I can find is a 200. This is what may be causing you a headache; Shimano, Hayes etc all use 203 for their big rotors.

Sure but i dont think you understand. I need to know what adapter measures approx 15mm to replace the washers i have there.
P1020548.jpg

P1020549.jpg

Those mounts look like the 160 mount jobbies, so any PM to 203mm adapter should fit.

Is your rotor definitely 203mm? I thought that era brake used a 200mm rotor which may make finding the adapter harder.

Prob is if i follow the adaptor :?
When you do up the top bolt its sitting high above the lower mount.

If this is the info you require its just that an Avid adaptor MUST have their 3d fitting kit otherwise it doesnt line up
I use the northshore billet adaptors and their slanted to avoid this prob.But again,totally down to Avids way of doing thing :?

http://northshorebillet.com/shop/post-m ... e-adapter/

Back