Possible Sons new bike. Orange.

Things normally work out, something better usually comes along.
He's after an 18" frame.
Nice to know that folk on here would do that.
Says he wants to see your old ones.
:)

Re:

This was my original frame after I sold it to my mate. Can't find pictures of it built. :?

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=221142&hilit=orange

As for the other two, the one with red wheels is as I got my 2009 and you can also see the finished result. The black one is my current 5 29 although it's had a full rebuild with different parts since then. :cool:

Attachments

• orange 5 007.jpg
    orange 5 007.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 429
  • orange 5 002.jpg
    orange 5 002.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 429
  • Orange 5 AM.JPG
    Orange 5 AM.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 429
  • WP_20140917_007.jpg
    WP_20140917_007.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 429
  • WP_20140917_017.jpg
    WP_20140917_017.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 429
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

That black bike is better than any other you have looked at tbh and if you can get it for near the current price it will be well worth the extra money.

Messaged seller Brock wont courier on black one.
Didn't bother with the orange one.
There's this one.

Thanks dyna but don't mind waiting for the right bike.

Re:

That one looks like the best of the bunch tbh. Shame about the black one but it at least gives you a good idea of what the tapered frames go for. I'd have the red one over the black for the same price anyway.

Forgot to mention but you probably know, the other advantage of the tapered frames is that the seat tube is 30.9mm meaning it'll fit all the modern dropper posts that your lad will defo want. The pre 2011 bikes have 27.2mm and although you can get droppers in this size they tend to be scarce and expensive for the good ones. My mate who bought my red bike had this problem.

Great info Brock, didn't know that.
Droppers are very popular, He will probably want to fit one.
This'll be his first really nice bike.
He bought a Kona Stinky and ended up fitting bits and fixed it up and sold it on.
This was a few months back.
He found it quite big and heavy and decided he'd like a lighter bike, hence the Orange.
Good with spanners he is at nearly 14 in December.
So he has a bit saved and then everyone will chip in for this Orange.
:)

Back