Possible Sons new bike. Orange.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":18nzuu5i said:
It's also not a 2010, it's a 2007/8. The geometry changed a lot between 2007 and 2009 so it would depend if that was an issue.
Yeah the swingarm is different, the one on yours in your sig and the green one have that extra bit reinforcing. Did they have trouble with them cracking? Orange full boings always look overbuilt to me (a good thing as far as I'm concerned) but I don't know much about them. Sorry Kona-Ian to hijack your thread a bit.

Re:

They changed how the metal was folded and the suspension bracket to save weight, not because of any problems with the old version as far as I'm aware.

Anyway, the green one has sold. Did you take the plunge? ;)

Was going to put in an offer of £625 but it went.
I'm glad because he was talking about painting it another colour and changing lots of bits.
Want something that's already right.
Saw a few on there at quite a bit more than that.
There's a grey one on ebay but it doesn't look all that.
He wants a Orange 5, think he's pretty stuck on that.
He will obviously make some changes...we all do.

I now know how to tell what year, so thanks for that :)

The price on this makes the green one mint.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/orange-5-Five ... SwsFpWReM7

Wish this one was closer.
As posted on the first page, thanks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/orange-five-/ ... rmvSB=true

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Don't think the orange one will go for any more than the current price tbh. Looks ok to me and the best you've posted up.

The one with the straight top tube is one of the first 5's and not really worth considering unless it's cheap.

The easy way to tell the year is by the decals:

2007/8 number 5 on the swingarm with another 5 inside it (As the orange bike)
2009/10 written 5 on the swingarm, as the green one.
2011/2/3 written 5 bursting out of an orange. Also tapered headtube.

Be aware though that you can buy spare decal kits from orange so it's not a fool proof method. Feel free to PM me if you want some info on a 5. I've had one since 2006 and keep an eye on the changes so have a decent level of knowledge on them I think.

Wow thanks for all the help brock.
All the info on the years is great.
Cheers for the links ;)
Gives me a much better idea on values.

His mate has got a 2011 in white and put new stickers on it.

Can't really go much over £700,
Trouble is a lot of people don't like to send bikes and prefer collection.
Starting to think that green one might have been a good buy...well that's sold now so best forget and carry on.

Be interested to see your bike :)

Re:

I'll post the three I've had up later. No worries on the help as it's good to know some of the useless info I fill my head with actually has a use!

Wouldn't worry about the green one, it was tatty so would have cost money. What size does your lad want?

If you see one you want that's too far away I'm sure someone on here will collect and send on. I'm happy to collect around the Harrogate, Skipton, Bradford area. :cool:

Back