Poll: Should the General and Off Topic section be removed?

Should the General & Off-Topic section be removed from Retrobike?

• Remove it. It's all about the bikes!

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Keep it. I get bored with bikes!

Votes: 50 76.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
KDM":2m3rzzdl said:
If I may comment on the two above posts but in a polite manner as I feel they show a worrying trend on membership of rb.

Worrying trend? No <must resist the bait> it's fine, please don't explain yourself, you've covered my point nicely :LOL:

legrandefromage":8w5xiooc said:
Hmmm... The bickering does not help in any way.

Isn't Bickering next to Frinton? I know you can't cycle along the promenade there, but the surrounding area is lovely and flat.....and a beach ride is always nice, especially at low tide.

Re: Re:

al-onestare":pp1i9w8r said:
You two are jokes :LOL:

Yeah, just jog-on if you don't like it. Because that's how life works isn't it and it's what both of you do.
Pretty much exactly that. I'm not a big drinker so you'll rarely find me in a pub. It's kind of how it works.

al-onestare":pp1i9w8r said:
This site is about the 'golden' age of mountain biking.
Which is the reason I came here. But sometimes life and priorities change, and accumulating old bikes doesn't hold the same appeal as it once did. Not to say that won't change when circumstances allow but for now I have other interests.

But judging people based on their number of build threads. That is :LOL:

66 triumph daytona":2bx7zzlp said:

Maybe Baba Peter can fix other issues on the site too :LOL:

Woz":2bx7zzlp said:
Voted to keep it. Bikes are never boring, but some of the regular posters in the section can be.

So what if the debates get heated, strong difference of opinion, persuasive rhetoric, etc. it's healthy to bounce thoughts around current affairs while pondering how many different BCD standards the STX gruppo had.

+1 i voted to keep it.

I dont do Politics and Religeon on Fartbook, like many. We are all pretty civilised on here imo, even with some divergent opinions. Nowt wrong with that. Peoples beliefs are dynamic and subject to change so its always healthy to hear other opinions.

LikeClockwork":3lv08g45 said:
I'm concluding a couple of deals on here, and then I'm going to leave. That's for a variety of reasons, not least of which is because I just feel my attention span with forum life has come to a natural conclusion, plus the fact that I just don't get chance to ride any more.

I won't lose interest in the hobby completely, obviously, but it will be taking far more of a back seat from now on.

I have to say, though, that the amount of non-bike content and constant bickering between members on here is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I'm not seeking to apportion blame in any way, just stating a fact. If the bickering had been purely about cycle related differences, I may well have been more tolerant of it and learned a lot about my hobby in the process, no doubt.

Awwwww... Dont go...

legrandefromage":h6yg2vx5 said:
LikeClockwork":h6yg2vx5 said:
I'm concluding a couple of deals on here, and then I'm going to leave. That's for a variety of reasons, not least of which is because I just feel my attention span with forum life has come to a natural conclusion, plus the fact that I just don't get chance to ride any more.

I won't lose interest in the hobby completely, obviously, but it will be taking far more of a back seat from now on.

I have to say, though, that the amount of non-bike content and constant bickering between members on here is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I'm not seeking to apportion blame in any way, just stating a fact. If the bickering had been purely about cycle related differences, I may well have been more tolerant of it and learned a lot about my hobby in the process, no doubt.

Awwwww... Dont go...

^^^ +1 ^^^

G&ot has some good threads and not so good ones which tend to bring out the worst in people. I think there needs to be a place for threads like Fairfax pats todays ride and the word association game, but threads on Trump, Brexit, the Royals stir up a lot of negativity and hostility so I'm unsure how to vote I want the good but not the bad. I know I don't have to look at them but 50 odd pages on a thread kinda grabs my curiosity.

Back