Poll: Should the General and Off Topic section be removed?

Should the General & Off-Topic section be removed from Retrobike?

• Remove it. It's all about the bikes!

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Keep it. I get bored with bikes!

Votes: 50 76.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re:

Thanks chaps, but what Kingbling said above - when the 'new forum posts' column is full of topics from G&OT, you somehow feel drawn in, it's like a kind of weird voyeurism!

Definitely needs a 'no religion, no politics' etc I think, so we could keep word association thread, etc. However, I don't think that would make a difference to me personally now, as I say, I just think I'm done with forums for a while.

I will shoot "Al" if you get rid of it and then who will tell jokes.Although there will be no where for him to tell them.I'll shoot him anyway.

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":166ec2pn said:
Thanks chaps, but what Kingbling said above - when the 'new forum posts' column is full of topics from G&OT, you somehow feel drawn in, it's like a kind of weird voyeurism!

Definitely needs a 'no religion, no politics' etc I think, so we could keep word association thread, etc. However, I don't think that would make a difference to me personally now, as I say, I just think I'm done with forums for a while.

A rest would probably do you good, you can always return :xmas-wink:

If I was jonnyboy I would just lock and delete threads and leave OT to get on with Off Topic stuff that is not just people finding fault in everything someone else ways, plenty of paces, like facebook or twitter you can go and do that.

We have no right to be here on retrobike and neither does anyone who says they are being censored by such actions. m John site, Johns rules and he trust the mods to speak and look after it for him.
Get over it if the mods and admins are fed up and just want the posts gone, you don't have to come to this forum to talk about pointless none retrobike related things, just like we don't have to read the threads (though we do otherwise we wouldn't know what it was and why we shouldn't be reading it.)

The site managed fine for many a years in a joyful way...
It is not OffTopic that is at fault.

Perfect example of the problems with those who cannot self moderate.

Trolling other members constantly; expressing a misplaced sense of ownership of what is a community.

Speaking to other members they have nothing to do with with an inappropriate level of familiarity.

Really not grown up behaviour at all.

FluffyChicken":2vu7ll83 said:
If I was jonnyboy I would just lock and delete threads

i try to leave stuff alone to be honest and hope that certain threads just die and fade away when the topic gets boring to the posters, it's when the arguments start that they continually end up back at the top of the list with tit for tat responses.

regards leaving it unmoderated, with the way some people talk when moderated i'm sure that unmoderated would see a rise in the countries murder rate.

Back