PINK '95 Saracen Powertrax for my girlfriend: FINISHED

Re: Retro Saracen for my girlfriend: The project begins!!

You could be onto a winner their regards the years and the frame numbers so it could well possibly be a 95 model and i think just about all bike producers use frames from the previous years production to allow them to get a good frame stock ready for the following year ..

Muddy paw":1bhqhz0s said:
You could be onto a winner their regards the years and the frame numbers so it could well possibly be a 95 model and i think just about all bike producers use frames from the previous years production to allow them to get a good frame stock ready for the following year ..

well it would make sense, especially if it was made as late in the year as november, heres the 95 -> http://www.rideandrepair.co.uk/Retrobik ... n_1995.pdf

like i say though it doesnt matter a huge deal, i guess im just being picky and my girlfriend wont care what it is, as long as its PINK! :LOL:

Sean

It's a 95 Tufftrax or Powertrax as i've expanded the pics and the noodle and rear dropouts are the same as well as the seat clamp so it's either of those and not an Eiger in mho ..

Muddy paw":1ukyupck said:
It's a 95 Tufftrax or Powertrax as i've expanded the pics and the noodle and rear dropouts are the same as well as the seat clamp so it's either of those and not an Eiger in mho ..
Sod it, lets just say its a kili XTR!! :D

...the 95 tufftrax looks like it has the panier mounts on the inside of the dropouts not the outside like mine, however i think weve successfully ID the frame as a 95 Powertrax. see here http://www.singlespeed-portugal.net/t11 ... -inbred-29 :)

cheers

SEANSTEPHENS":ixziqttg said:
Muddy paw":ixziqttg said:
Sod it, lets just say its a kili XTR!! :D

...the 95 tufftrax looks like it has the panier mounts on the inside of the dropouts not the outside like mine, however i think weve successfully ID the frame as a 95 Powertrax. see here http://www.singlespeed-portugal.net/t11 ... -inbred-29 :)

cheers

I'm glad we've nailed it between us as that link suggests it's my second suggestion above this so no more if's and buts and a Kili XTR :cool: but we can all dream eh ! ..

Any way mate i'm looking forward to the next update when you eventually get the Powertrax frame back ;) ..

Re:

Mini update... Well more of a setback really :roll:

2 saracen frames, and both with bottom bracket issues....

Well the new frame is defective, we came to fit the bottom bracket today and found that the LH thread is on the right side of the bb shell and the RH thread is on the left side of the shell, so the only way to fit the bottom bracket was in through the wrong side and then the cranks wouldnt fit. I only wish i found this out before i spent £75 on having it powdercoated, but thats a lesson learned i suppose... if something is 20 years old and unused, there is probably a very good reason for it :roll:

Im not gonna let this beat me though, im gonna try my luck with a threadless bb

Sean

Re:

Isn't that an Italian thread bb shell then, just buy a new bb with the correct thread and you're laughing, can source them from crc just select the option for Italian thread when you're selecting the shell and axle length options.

Re: Re:

Spudly":g1dnym49 said:
Isn't that an Italian thread bb shell then, just buy a new bb with the correct thread and you're laughing, can source them from crc just select the option for Italian thread when you're selecting the shell and axle length options.
Italian bb's have bigger cups than english i think so one wouldn't fit in the frame, its just the threads :?

Sean

Re:

Ahh I see, I was led to believe that they screwed in differently, apologies then as I thought that would be your issue sorted then!

Re: Re:

Spudly":30sq3pl5 said:
Ahh I see, I was led to believe that they screwed in differently, apologies then as I thought that would be your issue sorted then!
Thanks anyway, it was a good idea none the less :) but i think the threadless bb is still the best option at the moment.

Sean

Back