Pinarello Montello - 198?

Flandria":3rd7i6yb said:
Awesome bike! Saw it pas on the internet but was located to far from where I live, and it's to small for me. This one would also go nicely with the pearlescent cable outers I have on my Olmo!

By the way, how much for the crank dustcaps :p ?

I was lucky, as it was located 15 minutes from where I live. Did a lowball offer and could pick it up the same evening.

I don't think I have spare dustcaps at the moment. Well, I have a couple but I have one more EM to build.. I'll contact you if I would come across a pair!

bonzoxedge":14hc9wzc said:
Here it is. Needs some more tweaks. Wasn't able do to a test ride yet, damned weather. Plan is to actually ride this one next spring/summer.

11089699044_20f0b5af1d_c.jpg
Looks great. I think you were right to go with the black bar tape.

Looking at the down tube decal I think this must be a pre 1984 Model.

i'd be over the moon if ifound some thing like that ! the colours work really well and look at the tube/bbshell cluster its wicked .are all pinarello's like that.? don't blame you for being excited that is going to turn heads blk or shiny silver groupo!race number hanger too!! better than those pesky pump
pips behind the head tube..every body mask off and cut the darn hard nipples off now![that is if its not in use] :xmas-wink:[ recognise the back drop montello you have some beautiful steel ]

Pinarello Montellos had SLX tubing right from the start. So 1983 (prototypes). There are a lot of Montellos (custom orders fro pro teams e.g.) that DONT have SLX but SL tubing. So, SLX tubing is not necessarily a "must" for Montellos. As well as the cable routing. There are lots of true Montellos with EXTERNAL cable guiding, too. Cheers

Re:

That frame has a number plate hanger under the top tube, behind the head tube. I have never seen store bought montello like that. It may be a team frame.

I am currently having the ZZ769 serial number analyzed for you. I say this is a repaint! The Battaglin decal is in the wrong position! It is supposed to be on the seat tube underneath the SLX decal - and your SLX decal is too low on the seat tube! They`re put on the incorrectly in general!

Back