For Sale Pinarello Montello SLX 54/55cm Campagnolo Chorus

Tamandua

Retro Guru
Selling the bike I never thought I'd sell..but I have a baby on the way and need to make room, and if I'm honest it's a bit small for me and I'd rather someone gets more use out of it.

Pinarello Montello in Columbus SLX, I believe it's a 1985 model. This was the top end model at the time. 55 CTC top tube, 54cm CTC seat tube. Covered in amazing panto and has a lovely cast BB shell. Frame is stiff for the tubing diameter, but incredibly comfy. Chrome is in excellent condition. Frame has a few small marks but is in great shape for its age. Original flamboyant blue paint, pics don't do it justice. I've covered a lot of the frame in heli tape. Note the main decals were replaced before I bought this - Pinerellos of this era were known for flaking decals. There is some ghosting of the original decals in the laquer but it's not that noticeable.

Currently set up with Chorus 10 speed, it just works really well, nice and snappy. 53/39 chainset and a character building 13-26 rear cassette. Campagnolo cables. Has always been stored inside, this was my Sunday best ride so really hasn't seen much action.

Wheels are Campagnolo Centuar 10 speed hubs ( these are a great design, super easy to service and adjust and are practically the same as the Chorus / Record ones of the same era, minus a few titanium parts) laced to Mavic Open U.P. CD rims. Coating has only just worn through on the sidewall so plenty of life left.

A few modern parts have made their way on - Nitto compact bars which work better with the shifters. Ritchey Classic seatpost and Fizik Arione saddle.

Just fitted a new pair of Schwalbe One tan wall 25mm tyres , there is plenty of clearance, I reckon it would take 28-30mm tyres with ease.

Really not sure how to price this, it's in excellent overall condition and it rides so well I'll be sad to see it go. Let's say £950 £900 let me know if I'm way off.

Photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/28z2VUh97bEjLbh57

I did originally have this bike set up with a 1st Gen Chorus group which I still have and is pretty much mint. Also happy to supply with that group instead of the 10 speed for a period correct build . See photos on pedalroom:
https://www.pedalroom.com/bike/pinarello-montello-slx-23641

Bike is in Bristol, I'd prefer collection as would be heartbroken if it got damaged in transit, but will consider postage if buyer is willing to take the risk

Any questions let me know

Cheers

Attachments

• PXL_20230306_103826300.jpg
    PXL_20230306_103826300.jpg
    694.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Back