Peugeot frame Reynolds 753r size querie

Norwood42

Dirt Disciple
Hi,
Random one but does anybody know if a Peugeot road bike with Reynolds 753r 57cm frame would fit my 5'8'' frame (it is frame only so i can't try it out)? I have average arms/legs length not neanderthal knuckle dragger so I'm thinking it would be too big but different brands fit differently so I'm wondering if a retro Peugeot 57cm might fit me. Also, I have a newer (still old though) 2000 ish road bike with Shimano 105 brakes/chain set/pedals etc and wondered if there is anyway of finding out if i could transfer these parts to the older 57cm Peugeot Reynolds 753 frame?
Yes that is correct. I am a bit of a novice. Just thought i'd see if any of you pros knew any of this off hand. No worries if not!
Cheers.

Agree that 57cm will be too big for you. You should be able to use the 105 group on an older frame. A key issue is the spacing of the rear dropouts. Your rear hub will probably be 130mm wide; a 753 Peugeot will probably be 126mm (for 7 speed). You can squeeze a 130mm hub in to a 126mm steel frame (or cold set it to 130), but I'm not sure this is wise/possible with 753.

Agree that 57cm will be too big for you. You should be able to use the 105 group on an older frame. A key issue is the spacing of the rear dropouts. Your rear hub will probably be 130mm wide; a 753 Peugeot will probably be 126mm (for 7 speed). You can squeeze a 130mm hub in to a 126mm steel frame (or cold set it to 130), but I'm not sure this is wise/possible with 753.
Thanks for the advice and noted! I will keep looking for a smaller frame. I do actually have an old (frame is in immaculate condition though) 80’s/90’s steel frame German town bike that has 130mm rear drop outs so I might try to swap as many parts (including the Shimano 105 parts) as possible on to that frame. As the song goes….‘I wish I was a little bit taller’! So many bikes for sale are larger frames boohoo.

Back