Peugeot 653 Athena (Fully Finished 19th Aug)

Re: Newbie & Peugeot 653 Athena

I don't like pink bikes as they never look right to me but i think i've just been reminded that theirs an exciting looking exception to the rule :eek: and the kit your fitting it with has got me :mrgreen: with envy so needless to say i'm waiting to see this project progress :cool: ..

Re: Newbie & Peugeot 653 Athena

Thanks for the comments guys, I can't wait to actually start building this bike.

Frame should be with me soon and the bits are starting to arrive now. Bars and Stem turned up yesterday.

Also managed to get hold of a pair of hubs and a cassette so am almost there on parts.

Also found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik3zPgh1 ... ata_player

Check out Mr Rober Miller at 3.09 and again at 6.06 .................. thats me bike lol.

Re: Peugeot 653 Athena (bits starting to arrive 17th July pi

Its begining to feel like Christmas lol.

Some of my bits have started to arrive .............

Cinelli Stem and bars:

Shimano 600 Ultegra tri colour brakes:

Shimano 600 Headset:

Look ARC 226 Pedals

Frame should be here Monday, should have a few more bits here by then to so can start the build ....... really looking forward to it.

wow, top top work there, that tricolor stuff looks excellent. i had the aluminuim peugeot Comete back in those days, would love another but apparently they are prone to failure so generally unsafe to use.
this will be a dream bike for you, I wish you well on it

Thanks, I really hope its gona be a fantastic bike. Its defo gona be the one I wanted 25 years ago.

Its already been great learning all the specs again and what u can still buy.

Mind you don't know how much fun it will be learning to ride clipless pedals again ..... Hope its the same as riding in that u don't forget lol.

Manged to get some gear levers today so almost there for parts.

Treated my self to a new top as well -I'll get a pic up later .......

Its deffinately cool especialy as its prob not cost a vast amount. the pink ribbon is unique and will make an impact .Im gonna use my look delta s till the shaft wears out too,might spray them to match the frame
look forward to seeing it finished and rbotm.

Depends whats classed as vast ...........

Its cost a bit as I decided that I wanted all new old stock, could have done if far far cheaper with used items. But as Im older now with a few (only a few mind) more pounds around me than when I was 15 I wanted to make the bike what I always wanted it to be back then.

Couldn't resist so I treated my self to this yesterday :)

cool ! any idea what the correct bidon's were ?

If you mean the water bottles then I think they are normal campag ones, but I'll be on the hunt for a campag aero one for it, once I have every thing else sorted like wheels and cassette.

Didn't think it would be this hard to find a small 7 speed cassette, I bought one before I had really got my head back around the numbers. It turned up and looks like a moutain bike one lol. So now on the hunt for a 14 - 21 shimano one.

Talking of which I just won a pair of nos Mavic open 4cd's whoop whoop :)

These parts are looking really amazing and it's great to see you got hold of an original top as they always did look the business :cool: ..

Back