Pedalling Dreams: The Raleigh Story

Re:

I can't believe no-one has mentioned that singing Raleigh employee's ridiculous sideburns and hair!! It's got even more bizarre with age. :facepalm:
Jeez - Andy Ruffell has really let himself go too!

I watched it on the iplayer tonight I thought the same about Ruffell
I'll forgive Clive the rocker part-time DJ

Re:

I watched it tonight. Great program. Pity more wasn't made of the success of the Raleigh MBT; Clarke et all.
What was with the hair...
Ruffell looked as I'd he had eaten all the donuts!
Anyway an hour well spent.

Re:

We had Andy Ruffel at our local bike shop to do some tricks and jumps. They had to close the street as there were so many kids. He must have signed thousands of autographs that day - then bunny hopped over every kid who was there. Happy days!!!

Re: Re:

oldmuthariley":2n9ue03s said:
I can't believe no-one has mentioned that singing Raleigh employee's ridiculous sideburns and hair!! It's got even more bizarre with age. :facepalm:

the sideburns typify a Rockabilly fan.....as for the barnet a Bobby Charlton comb over was a regular sight back then, he just back combed his comb over, daft!!

Griff

Re:

Yes, good program to watch particularly the shot of the production lines. Unfortunately by picking a few bikes they left out so much, more could have been done to illustrate the breadth of the companies products. I noted no mention of Carlton and the factory lightweight unit, but I guess you are drawn to the areas you have experience of. I agree more could have been made of the race shop particularly if it was to be an inspirational documentary.

Re: Re:

oldmuthariley":t01heo6c said:
Jeez - Andy Ruffell has really let himself go too!

Agreed. Best thing the Beeb has made in a long time. We need more cycling progs like this. We have lost so much as a nation. Anybody else hankering for a return to an age before cars took over ? Loved the segment with the father and daughter riding 200miles together !

Back