Pedal recommendations

Captain Stupido

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After some general purpose platform pedals for a couple of my riders, a tourer and an MTB or two. Not after anything fancy, just reliable/good bearings/lightweight/sturdy.

Thinking VP/Wellgo/MKS sort of thing...do people have any specific recommendations? eBay links?

Re:

:LOL:

Are you looking for flat/platform pedals? Or something you can use clips/straps with?

Take your pick on ebay from £10-20.
Or if you know someone who's recently got a new bike then chances are the pedals that came with the bike are still wrapped in plastic in the corner of the shed.

Re:

Yep...DMR.

V8
V12
Vault

Brilliant things. V8 have grease ports, and you just whip off the end caps, remove the tiny allen grub, then stuff more grease in with a grease gun, and out comes all the usual grit and gunk which pedals collect, and do for the bearings, .....simply squeeeeeeezes out. Great design.

Re: Re:

jimo746":2i4rvpic said:
the pedals that came with the bike are still wrapped in plastic in the corner of the shed.

Basically after something like this but a bit nicer...but as cheap as possible.

2manyoranges":2i4rvpic said:
Yep...DMR.

V8
V12
Vault

Brilliant things. V8 have grease ports, and you just whip off the end caps, remove the tiny allen grub, then stuff more grease in with a grease gun, and out comes all the usual grit and gunk which pedals collect, and do for the bearings, .....simply squeeeeeeezes out. Great design.

Got a pair of V8s on one of my clockworks, didn’t realise they had grease ports...good tip!

Re:

....note that some do and some don't ... grrrrr .. hope yours do....the tiny grub screw on one side, inboard end. You will need a DELCO grease gun or similar.

...and the tiny grub screw can round off really easily. Bloody irritating.

So....three things. Grab the GT85 and give the grub screw a careful squirt. Leave for 48 hours. Also, use a tiny tiny pick, and get all the crap and encrusted garbage and grit out of the grub screw so that you can get an allen key deeply into it. Finally, select your finest allen key set (PARK or such) and use that, rather than something made of cheese.

Then, they just go..'click' and release nicely. Reinstall with COPPASLIP and Bob's your Crustacean.

Re:

Indeed they do ... forgot about that, since I always reach for my trust 30 year old Delco grease gun. Duh.....sorry...brainfade.....

Back