Alternative To Shimano Square Taper Bottom Brackets...... Which ones to go for, Token, Tange etc. ??

Does anyone out there in RB-land know what size bearings are on a TOKEN Square Taper Bottom Bracket?
And how easy they are to get off the axle?

If it's the style i'm thinking of, then they seem to be the FSA setup (Ultimax etc)
Pretty sure it'll be standard bearing, top of my head I can't remember and you just take the cups of and a bit of hammering takes the bearing out. If I get some time, i'll got check the Ultimax's i have (and in parts iirc)

EDIT I have the Ultimax in my spreadsheet (of various bearing sizes as I pull thgings apart)
Most older 61903/6903 like RaceFace taperlock, Specialized DirectDrive (White Industried Phantom iirc)

The FSA Ulitmax was 163110

Last edited:
Hey Fluff,
Cheers for that, so 31mm external and 16mm internal - hmmmm - not quite what I was after.

@abr303 Would a 113mm work for you? I could probably spare a Hope in 113mm - especially if you have a 122.5 to swap?

Hey Fluff,
Cheers for that, so 31mm external and 16mm internal - hmmmm - not quite what I was after.

@abr303 Would a 113mm work for you? I could probably spare a Hope in 113mm - especially if you have a 122.5 to swap?
Assuming the same bearing, they do make the bearing for some bottom brackets with a 15mm internal, so someone must use it. But then the axles not as thick, more of a problem for Ti.

Phil Wood are the best. SKF aren’t too bad neither

Back