Alternative To Shimano Square Taper Bottom Brackets...... Which ones to go for, Token, Tange etc. ??

abr303

Retro Guru
Hi, struggling to get anything decent for a couple of builds..... Firstly I'm after a 68mm x 110mm XT level type b/b for an Orange build and the same in a 73mm x 110mm for Specialized build... Both builds are of really nice mint/nos spec but I'm not after any Ti type offerings.....
The problem is I've been let down twice on some Shimano bottom brackets that have been sold as very good condition, great bearings etc. only to have ended up with play in the bearings when installed. So I've decided to try and explore other avenues as the builds are not 'catalogue' builds and not after anything period correct so what are peoples opinions/experience on current offerings from the likes of Tange and Token??
Any other brands/links/recommendations would be really appreciated as I just want something decent to get them both completed now..... 👍

The Shimano bb un300 is probably the most affordable. Its bearings maybe of less quality than the old un 73 and so on, but they are very similar to the Token and Tange BB's.

The Shimano bb un300 is probably the most affordable. Its bearings maybe of less quality than the old un 73 and so on, but they are very similar to the Token and Tange BB's.
Cheers, I'd rather something more robust as they don't last long (destroyed one after 250 miles:confused:) in my experience and I'd rather pay more for something more reliable 👍

Back