Pashley 26Mhz trials bike NOS f&f! re-live my teens!

Hi,
I also got into trials after watching the Martyn's.
Had some great times learning new stuff, still to this day I have never felt such satisfaction from accomplishment that trials provided. The feeling of nailing a gap or balancing a beam was awesome.
Funny enough I was watching a 26mhz on ebay too, but I had to be honest with myself, it would only sit in the garage lonely.
Nice work on getting out there again, I'm gonna stick to the safe stuff on my Pashley speed 5.

great to see a cream one built up, and with a lot of the stuff we used to put on the team bikes. Great work. This was definitely the frame I am most proud of designing. Glad you are still having fun on one.
Lee

Nice thread!
I too got into trials back in the late nineties ( 14ish then 30 now :( ) after getting Tricks and Stunts on VHS haha!
Started off on my gt timberline 18" that I used to ride Xc on , actually learnt the forward hop on that! what a feeling that was when the timing clicked?
I then got a 16" Kona Firemountain after my gt got nicked but kind of worked out as I wanted a smaller frame and claimed on the ins!

Anyways was a similar sort of story after seeing long way home Danny McCaskill video really wanted to dig the old kona out of the loft!
Got it all built up with some new parts and was away. I was amazed how lame I was and how much I pulled my muscles ached for days after. I persisted and got quite good again I also ended up buying a monty 26" frame off eBay and swapped all the bits over. I was blown away by how much easier it was to do trials on a bike with the right geometry!
I worked my way up to higher drops and stuff after also initially falling off a wall trying to line up a side hop! I also fell off a picnic bench when had it on the back wheel about to hop off the edge, went over the handle bars but landed on my feet ( hadn't lost the ability to bail and land on your feet) after getting up onto it and into that position but it was made worse by a group of on looking teenagers 'cringe'!
Not to be defeated I tried again succeeded and also did a 360 spin off as well!

Got to the point of wanting to go bigger but then the FEAR kicked in and I got too scared to do stuff in case I fell off! I think it's a combo of age and having two small kids so I think you see the danger in everything!

I ended up selling it as I wanted to build an Xc bike as a few of my friends had got into mountain biking again. I would of kept it if I didn't need the money for the other bike to have a play on now and again but hey ho!

Good luck with it though I love trials and that's a nice bike hopefully you won't get the FEAR too haha! I'm sure it'll be a keeper anyway!

Re:

I'm am like you! Spent my life building bikes, destroying them and spending every last penny to be like Martyn Ashton, Fletcher Guilet and those alike. Unfortunately due to a move I am in the position where I have to sell my childhood love. Anyone want a retro trials bike? It's Probs not worth anything anymore, but cost silly money to build back in the day. As I worked in a bike shop to fund my crazy hobby, I often got some great bits of kit! The Forks were from a guy at Pashley actually who asked me to test them. I don't think they ever got released, but we're very sort after during that time.

I can't seem to add pictures? @konaben82 all I have left of my pashley is the cool blue frame wrap! You interested in this for your bike? ;)

Re:

Mrkontrol":q713pu82 said:
The Forks were from a guy at Pashley actually who asked me to test them. I don't think they ever got released, but we're very sort after during that time.

Hiya. Are they Machined USE rigid forks? If so it was probably me that asked you to play with them. Which shop did you work at?

Sorry the dredge this up but if anyone has a 26MHz frame knocking about they want rid of, give me a shout. A clean ivory frameset would be lovely ;)

Back