Park tool tools

eric_james

Senior Retro Guru
Are they really worth it? I know it depends on what for but some of the stuff is really expensive just because it has Park Tool on it
Looks like Snap On car tools. expensive just because the name on it

The older Park stuff is better quality than the new. Stuff like allen/hex t handles, screwdrivers, spanners, pliers etc definitely not worth the money and I’d go with any quality hand tool brand instead.

There are a few items they do I’d buy Park again - pin spanners; spoke keys;cassette/bottom bracket sockets; workshop chain tool; chain whip.

I’ve got all sorts of cycling specific brands in my bike tools and a fair bit is Park, the reason for that was not a blue fetish but because it was cheap/secondhand. In that situation it made sense.

They're good but not that good, never been suoer impressed for the money. You'll find better quality for less, both generic and cycling specific. They're ok, decent, but not the outstanding they should be when taking jnto consideration the prices.

Good. Functional. Pricy. Look pretty when you have a lovely set of blue tools in your workbox, or for your "bike shop chic" garage wall shadowboard.

Can you get better for less; probably. Can you pay more for worse; probably.

I recently bought a £10 Amazon headset whacker-outer (length of ally pipe with some slits cut) rather than a Park one. It works fine.

I also bought some £12 Amazon circlip pliers, which were made of cheese and went back. Bought Park for £20 ish and they're brill.

I have a Park workstand. It cost a decent amount, but I'm only ever going to need to buy one - so why not get a pretty blue one.

Horses for courses.

Back