Paramount tourer

Yes what a lovely place indeed for a 1st ride and that frame colour is very well chosen as it just looks so natural on the frameset and as for toe clips i've always used them since i 1st tried them in 1985 ..

@NeilM i forgot to fill me bidon before going out :)

@ Muddy Paw thanks the colour was stolen from a dairy milk bar :LOL: (not saying I like chocolate or anything like that :oops: ;)) and decided to have the white panels to break it up a bit and then the theme followed

@Kaiser cheers :D

Yes i thought the colour looked kind of familier and i never touch chocolate either :facepalm: but yes regardless of where the colour theme came from i just love it and as for wrapping the bars with cloth tape i've never used it myself but their again i've always liked the feal of the leather bar tape for comfort but your taping looks fine in the pics so i wouldn't worry about it unless it starts to move while your out riding as for mugaurds i've not used any for a few years now but just may consider getting some for the winter months ..

@Muddy Paw just fettled that pesky mudguard all done :) As for the bar tape the padded stuff feels so much better so I'm going to change it over once the cloth tape is dirty and worn (not that it takes long for white tape to get grubby :facepalm: )

Re:

Velo Orange do a double thickness cotton bar tape, it is like double wrapping the bars but looks original.

I used it on my Lloyd and feels fine, even if the bars feel a little skinny.

Looking really lovely. It really does look like it could just go all day.
That looks like a magic place to test it out as well.

Jamie

kingbling":n2dxr0ki said:
@Muddy Paw just fettled that pesky mudguard all done :) As for the bar tape the padded stuff feels so much better so I'm going to change it over once the cloth tape is dirty and worn (not that it takes long for white tape to get grubby :facepalm: )

Oh goody ! no seriously i use to hate readjusting mudgaurds bitd but i think that was down to the last hybrid i had as the slightest bump on the road and the rear mudgaurd would be scraping :facepalm: but next time i'll get a decent set ..

White bar tape is awful to keep clean hence why i tended to avoid it as my old Dawes that i use to have had white bar tape in the shop but that was changed for black before i took it out of the bike shop and NeilM's suggestion to use the Velo Orange double cloth bar tape sounds a worthy idea so i may consider that myself in the future ..

@NeilM thanks for the heads up I will look into that :D

@Jamiedyer thanks I'm glad I appreciate how lucky I am to be in these parts :)

@Muddypaw I'd rather sort mudguards out than have a wet arse :oops:

Back