Panasonic PR 6000 from 1990

Congrats! What a very nice bike!! I hope one day mine will look similar. I have a 1991 frame (not just "a" frame but one of the 1991 pro team) but it's been (badly) resprayed in the past so it will ask some work and money to have it back in these super nice colours.

Enjoy the ride (as soon as you putted a chain on it ;-))!

Re:

Thanks Wim,

I finished it two weeks ago. I took it on a 20 mile spin. It was lovely. The Dura ce is very crisp. I will get some photos up over the weekend.

regarding the dent block:

The dent block worked very well. With any dent, you end up with high points and as you tighten the dent block around the frame, it will remove the high points of the dent and pop out the dent. You will still have to fill the dent and smooth it out, but it is a lot better. I still have to touch up the paint in the area of the dent. You could cover it with a decal in some instances however I will just touch it up. On some internet videos it shows the frame being twisted as the block is tightened. That is fine where you are going to respray. However I just tightened the block to limit the damage to the paint and it worked fine. It will only work on steel frames apparently.

regards,

Pat

Re:

Wim,

If you need any photos of decals or dimensions just pm. I tried everywhere to get reproduction decals - no luck, the paint isn't so bad however

regards,

Pat

Re: Re:

cloonaghpat":1krhvb69 said:
Wim,

If you need any photos of decals or dimensions just pm. I tried everywhere to get reproduction decals - no luck, the paint isn't so bad however

regards,

Pat

Thanks, Pat, that's really kind. I tried to find repro decals myself (without succes...) so I ended up buying a similar mountainbike (MC Pro) that popped up on ebay. But I definitely will contact you again asa I start the restauration.

Wim

Re:

Just something interesting I found while looking through an old "Winning Magazine" it is a TVT frame sprayed in Panasonic colours, note no chrome on the chainstays and the rear brake cable is routed through the frame. It is clearer on the magazine photo - you can make out the TVT lugs at the headtube and distinctive curved rear stays.

Attachments

• fondriest1.jpg
    fondriest1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 187
Hi Pat

Congrats ... absolutely beautiful ... it looks really great. I think in the next moment Olaf Ludwig comes of the corner ...

But where dir you found this brilliant shining white Elite bottle cages?
BR Thomas

Back