Paint colour for 1995 Specialized FSR

jonboy

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi All,

Does anyone know the colour code, or a really good matching paint for the red of a 1995 Specialized S Works FSR?

I want to source a small pot of paint to carefully touch up the paint chips on the underside of the down tube and bottom bracket. (Its too good for a re-spray and the patina is all my doing.)

Any suggestions or advice on how to achieve the best result very much welcomed! does it need a primer, or lacquer etc....

Once I have sourced a few parts it needs I am going to try and do a build thread on the full strip and rebuild which will involve a fork service and a rear rim swap/wheel rebuild. :)

Presume you mean the Team Red? most car paint shops, I think even Halfords can mix paint to sample colours...

jonboy":2e5otuls said:
Hi All,

Does anyone know the colour code, or a really good matching paint for the red of a 1995 Specialized S Works FSR?

I want to source a small pot of paint to carefully touch up the paint chips on the underside of the down tube and bottom bracket. (Its too good for a re-spray and the patina is all my doing.)

Any suggestions or advice on how to achieve the best result very much welcomed! does it need a primer, or lacquer etc....

Once I have sourced a few parts it needs I am going to try and do a build thread on the full strip and rebuild which will involve a fork service and a rear rim swap/wheel rebuild. :)

Back