Paglioli 1948(ish) Cambio Corsa bike

@keithglos do you think I could use a chain tensioner pulley mounted on the chainstay?
Essentially, it would be similar to the old Vittoria Margherita (back pedalling) or Simplex Selection (front pedalling) style fork style changers both of which use a tensioner. My only experience is with the Simplex design used on my '36 Baggi.

I have an old Campy tensioner that might work. I would assume that if it did, I could change front gears independent of releasing the rear wheel except to possibly fine tune the chain after the front shift. I already assumed that I could not have any radical cog size diifference on the front; as you stated 52/48 was used in your application, and I was going to try something similar (52/48, or 50/48, 50/47, 50/46).
I would not even be thinking about the front cog(s) for this bike, but since it had a relatively modern Sugino crankset on it I was not too worried about originality in design at this point.
I am still trying to obtain more appropriate parts. I have a single cog Magistroni crankset but no cottered BB to use it on unless I pull one from another complete bike.
I would need to have the proper BB offset for the chainline if using a dual front crankset; the BB presently installed may not suffice for that application.

Attachments

• 20220902_040733~2.jpg
    20220902_040733~2.jpg
    638.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I'm sure you could use the tensioner and back pedal change, but why not have the excitement of using the Corsa as intended. you appear to have the complete Cambio corsa.

The Gloria would be my ideal bike, would it possibly for sale?
Unfortunately my legs do not work, but I could look at it.
No doubt we will see some detailed closeup pics soon.

Keith

Last edited:
I'm sure you could use the tensioner and back pedal change, but why not have the excitement of using the Corsa as intended. you appear to have the complete Cambio corsa.

The Gloria would be my ideal bike, would it possibly for sale?
Unfortunately my legs do not work, but I could look at it.
No doubt we will see some detailed closeup pics soon.

Keith
RealIy just messing around with it until I have the period parts I need to bring back to its original build. I was only going to utilize a tensioner for a dual front ring set-up if the adjustment of the rear hub movement range was insufficient to remove excess slack. If the bike was 100% original (like the Gloria is except the rubber), I would not even be considering any dual front cog since it would be ready to go as is.

The Gloria is essentially my size (52cm c-c) and is part of the reason for purchasing it. It is also has their great looking lugs, and is orange which happens to be my favorite color.

Keith, I can certainly keep you in mind should I depart with one or the other.

Back