Pacific with Suntour?

Ah, the fabled (originally known as) 7 Comp aka Alpinestars Almega - hence the unsubtle decal on the seat tube. These normally came with XC Comp.

BITD I found myself caught between the, earlier, non-e-stay version of this, and the Prestige framed Super XT. I bought the Super XT.

Really crap decal design, and poor marketing, hamstrung what were decent bikes

Ah, the fabled (originally known as) 7 Comp aka Alpinestars Almega - hence the unsubtle decal on the seat tube. These normally came with XC Comp.

BITD I found myself caught between the, earlier, non-e-stay version of this, and the Prestige framed Super XT. I bought the Super XT.

Really crap decal design, and poor marketing, hamstrung what were decent bikes
I almost bought a Super XT when they were new. Agree with the poor design and marketing. Was it a nice bike to ride?

It was the first proper mountain bike that fit me - 16" - and I became a super confident rider on it. Everything before that - a Raleigh: Maverick (19"), Montage (21") and then Thunder Road (an enormous 23")(all bought with my paperround money) was far too big.

It was a revelation. For the four years I had it, before it was stolen, I rode the wheels off it. I went everywhere on it: thousands of miles. Can I remember how well it rode?

Hand on heart...err...no. it was so long ago - stolen in 95. I'd be lying if I said anything else.

I lived in Cambridge at the time and a number of 'acquired ' BSO's replaced it until I won a 10th Anniversary Clockwork in a competition in 98.

The Clockwork was too big (19"), I struggled to adapt to it, as it wasn't as stable as the Super XT. It always felt twitchy and I crashed it a lot. Nevertheless it was my only bike for nearly 20 years...

Last edited:
That has the same seat on it though?..

Edit sorry miss-read the is this not..

Yes it is.
The flite alps seat gives it away. Well the stickers do ;-)

Screenshot_20221208_085658_com.android.chrome.jpg

Same auction location so presumably no interest previously.
Rear wheel still not installed correctly...
Maybe a poor picture but is there a hint of the bike having been front ended?

My bad! I was getting it confused with a different bike I had posted at a different auction!

Latest posts

Back