What’s this?

Yep although £50 was my limit...clearly someone else wanted it or some parts as strong bidding ended up at £48+commission, so not a mega bargain considering what it needs to bring it back to snuff, but I have most of the missing bits other than the saddle. Be interested to see it in the flesh, scrape some paint and suss out what model if thats possible....looks like an XT maybe, but not with those forks, a version of the S had forks like that but its not an S....however the spec seemed vary even within models but I'm pegging it 86...87, 88 all changed.

Well...I would never have seen it otherwise, so I'm glad....I always forget to check the 'real' auction places and weird stuff turns up there all the time.

Theres an amazing Motorbike sale going on at Pughs, watching a couple with interest.

So...a knackered ridgeback in all its beauty, at least the seatpost isn't stuck...also luckily my transport cost was a freebie which I knew before bidding otherwise I'd likely not have bothered.

R1.jpg

with the non-original etc parts removed (other than the rear mech & swapped seat as couldn't stand to look at the massive one it arrived with) theres a hint of grey under the white.

R2.jpg

Think the SR road pedals are possibly orig spec, might be wrong but about as worn as you'd expect....but the're pretty feeble for an MTB.

IMG_20230503_094359.jpg

@Gtpulse rims are Ascenti as i expected, hubs are SR Silstar, run smooth....with cobwebs

IMG_20230502_134902.jpg

Red S brakes/levers, spare set replaced the non-spec back canti it came with....rear tyre certainly saw some use.

IMG_20230503_094433.jpg
IMG_20230503_094441.jpg
IMG_20230503_094427.jpg

I've not had a black silver one of these before, only all silver or black, it is kosher as I've seen them in the brochures...bolts will clean up ok.

IMG_20230502_134930.jpg

not sure on the model, but still think its probably 86ish due to the stem etc & similarity to my other ones...'87 was all bullmoose..

Last edited:
Should be, theres a bit of 'project' queue but will start a thread.....!

I do like old Ridgebacks.

Think that will look ace with some fresh paint. There are enough nice bits and pieces to make it an interesting bike.

Yep, I'll strip a bit and see if I can get an original colour to work to.

`everything needs a refurb, but all the tricky bits are there (other than rear mech), crank needs its guard but pretty sure I have one somewhere.

@ferrus I'd thought maybe XT, it has common components, but the seat stays are a different style to mine, my crank is a Red S one...maybe there were variations in construction, be interesting to see a catalog of the full 1985 range, but not sure that exists as never seen one. also forks, pretty sure mine are a replacement as should be stright crown type...whatever the correct terminology is. anyhow, its an interesting place to start the project. also 1985 apprently was the year with no spoke protector so that ties in for date.

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 21.08.30.png

Back