Pace RC627

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just finished building this after getting the frame last summer and slowly collecting parts since then. Vast majority of the bits were bought after people posted up bargains on forums with most parts coming from CRC and Merlin.

Happy with how it turned out and the price paid as it came in at around £1650. The build includes Hope wheels, Pike forks, Deore 4 pot brakes, Brand X dropper, a Hope headset and a 853 tubed Pace frame! Well worth shopping around for bargains IMO. Frame is XL but doesn't look it.

Now I just need to ride it!

Photo 11-06-2023, 14 36 28.jpg Photo 11-06-2023, 14 35 49.jpg Photo 11-06-2023, 14 36 01.jpg

Mines still in its box with everything ready, but meed to clear some room first. Looks ace buddy and just the push I may need to build mine

Nah, just Select. Got them in the Ribble mega sale the other week for £203!! I'd already bought some cheap Lyriks from CRC but they were a bit long so sold them on. Set up wise I'm running them below recommended pressure and playing around with the compression. Think it's about 6 clicks from fully +? Feel decent enough so have not messed around with tokens yet.

Photo 12-06-2023, 11 20 07.jpg Photo 12-06-2023, 11 31 06.jpg

I briefly had a RC127+ I just bought it for the parts (£850 for this whole bike!). It was far too small for me but I did take it for a spin and it felt pretty good :)

IMG_5252.jpg

That’s lovely. The select is a great fork, miles better than the revs from 2018/19 I had on previous bikes.

You could get away with a longer dropper at some point if you ever wanted, seattube is quite short on these by the looks of it. Tidy job and decent no messing build, exactly how I like them 😌

Back