PACE RC200 Resurection

I have done it for a few years, most of the time there is nothing special

but some times there is a diamond.

I think I will get it painted a nice light grey with black decals. and have a black theme. Got a pair of RC36 forks to go on it hopefully they accept V Brakes, and fit some Magura HS33

I am doing exactly this. Dan has the frame right now for a new seat tube and head tube. Sounds like Pace are keeping him busy!

I have the same thoughts re painting, just deciding what colour. Light grey with black would look tidy, or even with shiny silver decals would look nice. I was leaning towards a dark grey metallic finish with black decals. Then I think that black has been done and think about a ridiculous chameleon effect perhaps flip paint. then I think that might be a bit tacky.....

Mine started out red ano, don't think that will be doable but would be nice. Dan did suggest some nice powdercoat finishes, so it might be worth a chat with him on that. I thought they would be too thick but he wasn't convinced.

I will be getting a paint shop I know to do it and explain would like at thin as possible. But i do like the idea of grey and chrome or black decals.

Wow, great find.

A cursory look and the lack of canti hanger suggests it's an 1996/97 F6 to me.

I'll deffo be keeping an eye on this build.

Re: Re:

hippo":ehjbdyvs said:
GIA Engineering in Stapleford, near Nottingham repaired the seatpost on my RC200.
Welders are ex-Spondon Engineering and used to cycle/motorcycle frames. Made a damn good job and didn't discolour the frame either

Now that name brings back memories, Spondon. Are they still going?

Looking for a set of wheels to use with this project. Looking at using some rim brake rims with hubs with a disc front hub.

Planning on using my hope mini front disc with a magure hs33 on the back.

Re:

No. I live in Spondon and they sold out their premises for some new build a while back. They bought a new unit nearby but when I was looking to have my Pace frame repaired I found out that they'd been shafted by Norton over at Donnington and gone out of business.

They've done a few little jobs for me on bikes and motorbikes over the years so it was a real shame.

That was when I found out that a few of the welders had gone over to GIA in Stapleford, who seem to be just as useful and helpful

Got her back from the engineering company today, very simple and strong weld repair at the bottom.

Have got a list of bits to order as well.

Latest posts

Back