Overbury's Pioneer 1991 - 650BP Project

Current guise - need to sort the decals; the smuguards (TM. LGF) are a bit tight; change the front mech to an MD and skewers to Suntour; change the thumbies to 8 speed XC Pro; add a dynamo light and then we're off bikepacking. Double MD chainring on the front btw. High BB (thanks to the 650b conversion) makes it a mud plugger of the older school methinks - handles well at modest speeds to-be-fair.

Attachments

• Pioneering since 1991.jpg
    Pioneering since 1991.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 492
Well done - what a great build, was just thinking of summer bike camping trips to the forest myself too - Hope you have a good one!

Re:

It looks great, the colours work very well and the spec is nicely thought out. I think I prefer how it looks without the fenders, so maybe I’d try them in black rather than the seatpost silver.

Probz going to change the tyres for slimmer 1.75s or 1.5s to improve the winter clearance issues. These are Gravel King SK 1.9s I think - which are very comfortable and work well for most trails and roads.

If I could find a silver Suntour seatpost I'd swap out the black.

Need to get some olive/camo/dark brown luggage sorted to complete the 'look' + a deerstalker, natch...

Attachments

• Stalker.png
    Stalker.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 442
Re:

There's a Suntour post in the 'for sale' section currently, don't know if it's silver but it is 26.8 (which is the same size as my Pioneer)

And now with slimmer Bruce Gordon's Rock'n'Roads - was a bit bouncy with the larger GKs.

Attachments

• IMG_9715.jpg
    IMG_9715.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 206
Re:

I really like that, the detail of the racks, bars and decals matching in colour is a real plus for me, very smart indeed,...... Ya know, wouldn't look bad with drops with orange tape and I have some command shifters somewhere!

Reminds me of a pre zolatone pine mountain.

Back