Out of love with a bike build

Re:

That looks great and those dales have a great report so stick with it if I were you.

Take the tubes out. Don't need them.

Get it built and go from there.

The forks are also well rated so I'd give them a go before the on ones.

Re:

I was going to say the tyres will be a pain so echo the others, bin they tyres and get something better to run tubeless and get out on it.

It looks a great and fast bike, right up my street that.

Re:

Do also think its worth putting up with the love less thing and getting it built and ride it. Easy to lose motivation whilst it's bit a. When you ride it... different kettle of fish

I like it too. Pretty sure SRAM do carbon chainset witb blue highlight to match. Also i would reverse stem so it points up not down.

Re tyres. Suggest try another set. Hot water is ok to use at home to fit them but are you going to carry a bucket, water, kettle and stove so can fit after a puncture? Probably not. Or fit sealant?

Re:

Make sure the bead of the tyre is away from the bead of the rim (pushed towards the centre line) when mounting the tyre. The rim is deeper at the centre point (Smaller diameter) so the tyre will be easier to get on.

I struggled like crazy the first couple of times I tried to get tyres on to Stans & Hope rims until I realised what to do. They should go on reasonably easily.

Re:

Thanks for all the encouragement. It was a complete impulse buy, I normally have steel frames and I've never had an aluminium frame before. The only mountain bike I have is a 91 Kona Lava Dome so its going to be interesting to see how this feels. I will be trying the stock rigid fork as changing the fork to an On-One carbon will mean I'll have to change the headset.

I hadn't a clue what I was buying when I got the wheels, but they seem light enough. Tyres came with the wheels and I wanted to see how the bike felt, but they are a pain to mount. Going tubeless will probably be the best option.

Will treat it to some blue upgrades if I like it. I've got the option of putting gears on as it's got full cable routing for a 1x11 on it. But I'm going to keep it single speed for now.

Back