Orange P7 RS 1996

Sorted the shocks out and took her to the local watering hole.. Handles quite well.

P1050388.jpg

Bit of Info

Frame: Orange P7 RS

Fork: Rock Shox Q21R

Headset: Shimano STX
Stem: Orange SK8
Handlebar: Ovation 6061
Grips: Strange

Brakes: STX RC
Brake Pads:
Brake Cables: BRS
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano A
Brake Levers: Dia Compe SS.5

Shifters: Gripshift
Front Derailleur: Deore LX
Rear Derailleur: Deore LX
Derailleur Cables: 515 SP
Cassette:
Chain: Shimano IG
Cranks: STX RC
Crank Bolts:
Chainrings:
Chainring bolts:
Bottom Bracket:
Pedals: Deore LX

Hub Skewers: Deore XT
Rims: Orange FIR R1
Hubs: Deore XT
Nipples:
Spokes:
Tyres: Ritchey Megabite 2 max 26
Tubes:

Saddle: orange
Seatpost: orange
Seatpost Binder: Hope

Weight:

Rust is seriously my enemy..I had to drill the seat clamp out, I guess thats why they dont face back anymore.

P1050382.jpg

After degreasing and cleaning the engine oil of the chain and mech a new chain is a definite :) I think

P1050383.jpg

Thats a 1996 model - RS specials were produced that year with STX-RC/Deore LX/Gripshift SRT 600 and quardas.

Nice bike, I really need to sort some pics of my P7...

Thanks for the info everyone..think that ties it down pretty well.. Now for some elbow grease..

The stem is a mess as is the seat post, any recommendations for replacements, Im really clueless with this 1" quill stem set up..

Refurb

To do a good job I would send it for bead blasting and Powder Coating, I have a local guy £50 all in, any colour you like. I would then look for a set of Pace 35 series suss or 30 rigid forks with a one inch ahead steerer and convert it to ahead. The rest of the build is down to how much you want to spend? :) :) The frame warants the investment if its straight. You will never get rid of the rust otherwise!

jonnyboy666":34dz806a said:
hey pendle,

took my advice and posted here then! :D told you this lot would help you suss it out!

thanks jonny.. you were right :D.. Ill now change the title now we know whats what !

Yawn! couple more pics but I took it out on the bridleway behind the house today as it was so hot I got fed up being in the garage with the damn thing.

I had forgot how these things like to accelerate when you let them go, excellent! Only shock was a long singletrack descent has suddenly had some steps put in halfway down which was very interesting, but nothing dropped off or snapped :p

a-11.jpg

b.jpg

I've always thought that STX RC stuff would look great on an Orange with that Nickel finish. My advice would be to get a full STX RC groupo on there and just ride the thing. Oh and keep it clean and indoors!

development_cycle":3q97679l said:
I've always thought that STX RC stuff would look great on an Orange with that Nickel finish.

I had a mate 'way back when' Who had a P7 with full STX RC. It looked stunning. Bugger to keep shiny though. :D

Back