Orange P7

I reckon it's a 1995 or 96. You should be able to decode it from the frame number.
1995 officially in the catalogue was without the canti boss on the rear, although some early ones that year still had it, even with a 95 date code.
Checking headset diameter is a good idea too, I cannot recall when it went from 1" to 1 1/8", maybe 1997.

Have a look in the catalogue section: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/Manufacturer+Archive/Orange+Archive/Orange+Catalogues/
Note that not all the info Orange gave out is right, for example on seatpost sizes.
Thank you. I haven’t found a frame number, but will take a look. I can confidently describe it as mid 1990s though,so that’s useful.

Frame number will be stamped under the bottom bracket. Post it up here and it'll get deciphered in minutes.

Rear facing seatpost binder says it is pre 97 I think. So 95/96 is on the money but not much of the kit is original other than the frame - so harder to date. Could have been a self build as I think the P7 was a frame only option. That said, mine (97) has lost all its original kit too as they're great frames.

Frame number will be stamped under the bottom bracket. Post it up here and it'll get deciphered in minutes.

Rear facing seatpost binder says it is pre 97 I think. So 95/96 is on the money but not much of the kit is original other than the frame - so harder to date. Could have been a self build as I think the P7 was a frame only option. That said, mine (97) has lost all its original kit too as they're great frames.
That’s so kind. I’ll hoick it out tomorrow and look for the number. I’ve put it up for sale on here, anyway, following all the excellent advice I’ve received.

There are lots of inconsistent detials on Orange frames, they built in batches. Most 95-96 has no seatpost bolt braze-ons and needed a collar, but some batches seemed to have them.

That’s so kind. I’ll hoick it out tomorrow and look for the number. I’ve put it up for sale on here, anyway, following all the excellent advice I’ve received.
The number is A4035308. I think that means it was built in March 1994?

Last edited:
Back