Oops, I've been shopping. Again again Damn Ebay!

I've used the "I'm going to do it up then sell it" line a few times. So far she's forgotten about the second part of that phrase. I also point out that some of my bikes cost a tenth of the cost of one of her Longchamp handbags.

Mainly though I just don't say anything, and pray that DHL turn up when she's out...

Ok, I'll try praying.

I suppose I'm going to have to put these on the reader's road bikes bit to show i'm not fibbing.

lastpubrunner":46asw9rj said:
biggs682":46asw9rj said:
dont tell her or soften blow by buying a bunch of flowers ??

Flowers ? Mine would settle for nothing less, than yet another pair of shoes. :)

This is what I don't get. If I want to spend money - we're skint and can't afford it. If the wife wants to spend money it's not a problem.

She is after a cyclocross bike at the moment so I can't knock her too much !

You're a lucky man, mine just doesn't get it at all.

I'm the sole male amongst 3 females and my ear gets RAGGED ROTTEN.

I'm off to put a lock on the inside of the shed door.

just had a good laugh reading this thread :D

is it hard to explain your enthusiasm about admiration of vintage racers ?

Not any more, I've taken to leaving the latest De Rosa catalog lying around with the price for the latest Protos £11,998.99 :shock: written in and highlighted in yellow. Put the fear of god into the poor girl. :LOL:

Think yourselfs lucky I got myself a nice early 90s true temper tripple butted frame ideal for a cyclo cross bike its now in lillac and im getting moaned at because its not built yet, that vittoria dont do there twin treads in lillac, that she cant have my campag record chainset, ive already lost my early90s stx rear mech cause its bronze and dont even metion bar tape.

I have found that hiding in plain sight is my best bet. My wife really can not seem to tell one from another

Back