Oh no I want to do stuff again

If you’re happy to wait the wait then they crop up cheap every now and then. Mine is an ancient Cyclo, was missing part of the clamp but came with 3 sizes of die in good condition for £30. I’ve seen a mega expensive Hozan go quickly for £45.

CRC were clearing out spokes a while back cheap and I bought a load. Bankrupt bike parts did have loads of stainless at good prices on their website.

I’d go for good value spokes over cutting and rolling any day and I’ve only ever done a handful of cutting/rolling. I only got it for those instances where you need one spoke and I didn’t want to buy a whole pack of pay £5 a spoke for singles!

Rolling your own is useful for weird sizes, like radial 20 wheels or large flange to 20 was another it came in handy (also had a load of odd sizes sat in the box of bits) otherwise, agreed, fresh spokes are my preferred.

@Imlach Just suggesting this to you. BBB seams to have a strong presence in Scandinavia - I took the chance and bought this. So far it's doing well and has managed to do nipple sizes from MTB to road, new or retro.

1658872355013.png

The thing I like the most about it is that the gauges are marked. I'm really not arsed what the absolute number is, but it is handy when you switch from spoke key and the wheel, reach for the beer and go back to the wheel again. You only need to remember one number for a short while, so you are not fumbling about and look just like a pro!

@Imlach Just suggesting this to you. BBB seams to have a strong presence in Scandinavia - I took the chance and bought this. So far it's doing well and has managed to do nipple sizes from MTB to road, new or retro.

View attachment 647262

The thing I like the most about it is that the gauges are marked. I'm really not arsed what the absolute number is, but it is handy when you switch from spoke key and the wheel, reach for the beer and go back to the wheel again. You only need to remember one number for a short while, so you are not fumbling about and look just like a pro!
Duly noted. Will look online for it, and yeah BBB is huge here. I actually REALLY like BBB's stuff, ran their seatposts on multiple retro builds and they've always felt bombproof. BBB, Force, XLC are all popular here.

Much appreciated mate

Reactions: Woz
I heard he'd suffered a visit from the puncture fairy

_107957279_boris_blimp.jpg

Back