Oh no I want to do stuff again

A spokedriver that even junkies could get onboard with
It does explain some of my wheel builds to be honest. Snowflake spokes shouldn't be allowed but, yer well.
Radial laced 20" wheels are an anomolly too. Had to cut threads for that.

It does explain some of my wheel builds to be honest. Snowflake spokes shouldn't be allowed but, yer well.
Radial laced 20" wheels are an anomolly too. Had to cut threads for that.
Ooooh ....🤨 you have a spoke thread roller....I do want one of them anything is possible then!

Reactions: Woz
Ooooh ....🤨 you have a spoke thread roller....I do want one of them anything is possible then!
Alas, it's a had not a has. Never lend tools. On the plus side it got rid of the theifing toe rag, but I'd have rather lent him 20 quid and never seen him again especially give the price of them these days.

Alas, it's a had not a has. Never lend tools. On the plus side it got rid of the theifing toe rag, but I'd have rather lent him 20 quid and never seen him again especially give the price of them these days.
Bugger....I know that scenario...🙄
Ive often looked at old ones but I reckon the dies are clapped out...what's a new one run to?
Just looked...not as bad as I thought ...cyclo brand should be ok?

Cyclo brand is what I had. Modern ones still use the same dies. They don't really wear out quickly, a couple of thousand spokes easy. You can buy just the dies. I was tempted to make my iwn with a new die.

As nice as it was to have, I only used it occasionally as spokes are dirt cheap these days.

Cyclo brand is what I had. Modern ones still use the same dies. They don't really wear out quickly, a couple of thousand spokes easy. You can buy just the dies. I was tempted to make my iwn with a new die.

As nice as it was to have, I only used it occasionally as spokes are dirt cheap these days.
Where do you go for spokes? I've yet to find spokes at my kind of prices 😊

Bugger....I know that scenario...🙄
Ive often looked at old ones but I reckon the dies are clapped out...what's a new one run to?
Just looked...not as bad as I thought ...cyclo brand should be ok?
If you’re happy to wait the wait then they crop up cheap every now and then. Mine is an ancient Cyclo, was missing part of the clamp but came with 3 sizes of die in good condition for £30. I’ve seen a mega expensive Hozan go quickly for £45.

CRC were clearing out spokes a while back cheap and I bought a load. Bankrupt bike parts did have loads of stainless at good prices on their website.

I’d go for good value spokes over cutting and rolling any day and I’ve only ever done a handful of cutting/rolling. I only got it for those instances where you need one spoke and I didn’t want to buy a whole pack of pay £5 a spoke for singles!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back