'Official' Retrobike Pace Serial Number Thread

This one came from Wellington too, trademe a couple of weeks ago. I'm running Pace forks on all my MTBs too. Just love them. Does anyone get excited about the round tube ones? I reckon they lost their mojo when they stopped the square tubes. I've probably just offended a whole load of people...

Re:

Haha, they went round on the F3, still pretty awesome in my book up until the carbon tubed RC300, not sure after that, their latest steel tubes bikes look interesting :)

just found this thread..good idea. :D

ok i will throw my keys in to the pot...

RC 0518
RC 0495
RC 518 029
RC 518 14? (cable guide in the way and wont budge!!)

Hopefully should be adding another number by the weekend.. ;)

Mine's a no serial number special, below is what Duncan Macdonald said on it when I mailed him.

Hi Alec,
It over twenty years since I was making Pace frames, so my memory of specific frames is somewhat sketchy. The RC200s were all made with cantilever bosses apart from some team bikes which had the Magura mounts. I still have the original RC100 prototype which I hope to have finished restoring this year.
All the best,
Duncan.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=308417

...so I assume it's a Team issue RC200 F1 :cool:

Re:

Haven't quite finished mine yet but it gives me a reason to post something other than dibs or pmed on the sale thread.
RC 200
F419 036

Out of ignorance what do the numbers after F4 correspond to.

Re:

The 19 relates to frame size (19 inch) and I think 036 is the build number of that particular evolution.

Re: RC100

Hi this one might take some time I think I'm going have it dipped and then polish it but with left no left hand crank arm it might take some time to finish thanks Neil

Back