Obree

kaiser":3hscxfyn said:
Fantastic! Local hero for me ( in fact he lives round the corner), this would look brilliant on the mantel :) looks like it might be one of the 'factory' ones, I believe two were made as 'improved' versions of old faithful but were shunned in favour of the bike he built himself. Which if anyone is keen to see is on display at the Glasgow transport museum.

where these not made by shorter, when he was riding for leo road club?i do remember seeing him ride against boardman at the long gone Leicester track.the starting effort he made was alarming to say the least.i guess not much to hold on to

I'll need to try to dig out the bio, I'm sure there is a mention of it in there.

i guess the original was made in the garden shed,after busting the bearings out of the washing machine. imagine the girlfriends face if I did that

How I remember it from the bio is: he built one himself had a spare one built for him (at the behest of his sponsors) which he used in the first attempt. Used his own for the second attempt.

I'm tempted to say that although this is a few miles away from me, if anyone wants it collected and properly packed, I might be able to help out. :D
Might have to bung a chain on it and give it a try though. :LOL:

andyz":5h47otho said:
I'm tempted to say that although this is a few miles away from me, if anyone wants it collected and properly packed, I might be able to help out. :D
Might have to bung a chain on it and give it a try though. :LOL:

I'll try contacting the seller 1st to allow me to bid...

vibe9292":1sq4l7oi said:
I'll try contacting the seller 1st to allow me to bid...

It would be great if someone on here became the custodian of this bike. :cool:

Back